This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
paint roses red
RP Wanted The Portal 
Zenobia
Currently championing:

Dark tipped ears swiveled back and forth atop my dented and tarnished tiara as bright blue eyes watched the horizon carefully. Helovia had turned into a dark shadow land, a ghost of it's former shining glory. All that was left was the skeletons of those who had fought hard to remain in their homes, the scents of those who had fled for either this magical place I found myself standing in now or for somewhere much safer. A gentle sigh moved between my lips as I looked down to where Athvadar, my trusted soulmate, would normally be standing her pink eyes ever watchful. But, as I had expected, she hadn't made it through the portal. The magic here was much stronger than that of the magic of Helovia...were these gods stronger too?

I hadn't been living in Helovia when the Rift gods took over, my father had passed away and it seemed as if my family had scattered the way of the wind. So, I only found it fitting to take off on my own as well, they didn't need me any longer. Alas, all roads lead home and so I found myself back in the ghostland of Helovia only to let my curiosity win and my inky limbs to lead me through the portal to this place. A small part of me wondered if any of my numerous siblings had found their way through the portal as well, I wondered if they were thriving in these lands or just as wild and unruly as they had been in our homeland. That had been part of my motivation to leave Helovia once again and venture through into the Rift, finding my family and making sure they were still all in one piece, even if that did turn out to be a suicide mission.

Mist swirled around my limbs, clinging to them as they did the trunks of the dark trees I stood alongside, telling me I had stood idle for much too long. Neon eyes seemed to be drawing closer and closer while the mist crept up my inky limbs. Shuddering, I pulled my large ivory wings in tighter to my sides, rolling the joint connecting them to my shoulder as a snort escaped through my nostrils. Electric blues set on an opening between two trees off to my right, there weren't any of the predatory eyes lurking in that area so it would seem to be the safest way of travel until I ran across a native of these lands. Inky limbs shook free from the mist's grasps as I struck out in hopes of finding and saving my family as I had always been destined to do.

"Speech."

tag; open
ooc; still supa rusty, enjoy my emotional mess
words; -4-4-9

Edit OOC; Items & Magic from Helovia
Magic;
:: [ Magic: Spark | Can procure a halo of electricity of which acts as a shield around her, resulting in damage to any whom touch her. ]
:: [ Restrictions | Extends 5m radius from body. ]
:: [ Magic: SparkxDark (P) | Her blood is electrified, so that any who make direct contact with it may receive a non-damaging shock ]
:: [ Restrictions | cannot cause harm in battle ]

Items;
:: [ Item: Enchanted Hide | Defensive. (U) (SWP) Bear God hide from Blood Falls which allows for invisibility when a clasp is touched ]
:: [ Restrictions | Can still be heard, felt, and smelled in proper conditions ]

Companion;
:: Athvadar : Albino Grey Wolf : 2yo : no magic

ZENOBIA
Image Credits
Rixen the Vine King
Currently championing: Vjanta
RIXEN
i have late night conversations with the moon;

It was the first time I’d wandered back to this place. The first time since my arrival in the Rift, that was. So many things had happened since then, too many to count, and it was impossible to recount everything that had happened to me over the course of my time here. I was beyond grateful for it all; for the places I’d discovered, adventures I’d gone on, and more importantly the friends I’d made. It seemed like in the blink of an eye, I’d gone from a weary wanderer to the leader of a herd, the Rift’s first herd, granted the position by Hope alongside my dear friend Roscorro. My homeland was but a distant memory now, and considering my past, I did not mind that in the least. The Rift was my home now. It felt more like home than ever before. And I was proud to call the Rift as such. 

I’d almost forgotten how eerie the Rift’s entrance was. The stillness of the air seemed to suck even the sound of my hoofbeats into the portal’s black nothingness. Even the trees seemed not to rustle as if they were tense with nerves for what was to come. Then again, this wasn’t a place I visited frequently. But now that I’d explored more of the Rift, it was becoming increasingly apparent that this shadowy place was indeed a misrepresentation of the Riftian world. For it was no longer a wasteland, not since we’d spread the hopelights from the Riptide Isles to the Frozen North. Should one dare to wander beyond its shadowy entrance, it would soon become clear that, as a matter of fact, the Rift could be a beautiful place. Halyven was the first location to come to mind, but the crumbling spires were only one of many examples. 

Moving forward, the forest grew thicker around me, the trees and swirling mist swallowing my tiger-striped body whole. Despite the sun being out, it was not long before I was engulfed in utter darkness, save for the bluish light of the fluorescent plants that made it somewhat possible to see where I was going. Though engulfed in blackness and foreboding, there remained a sort of peace in its sullen ambiance. Walking beneath the dark tresses of the trees, my hooves caressed the velvet flesh of the forest ground. My emerald eyes flickered over the thick, dark trunks of the trees that rose steadily into the sky, each tree's branches interlocking with its neighbors like giant’s arms linked together to protect their home. The trees were densely packed together, leaving just enough space to allow someone to maneuver through. A musty scent, like that of leaves after rainfall, hung in the air, intermingling with a hint of damp soil, and of things in different stages of blooming and growth. The silence around me brought my thoughts to the question of what brought me back here in the first place. Was anyone else here? Did horses return to this place? 

As always, my silver-tipped ears swivelled to and fro, a visible display of my eagerness to find out. And naturally, I did. 

The pegasus was barely visible between the trees, but pale as the girl was, she was no apparition. She was looking around, examining her surroundings carefully as any newcomer might, although I was fairly certain that there was no danger lurking in the trees surrounding us. Not wanting to surprise the stranger, I proceeded to reveal myself slowly, stepping into the clearing with a small knicker to alert her of my presence in case she had not yet caught sight of me. "Greetings," accompanied by a tip of my vine-decorated antlers, upon speaking my lips turned up in a friendly smile. I formulated my assumption based on two observations: first, the mare did not seem to be traveling in a particular direction. She appeared to be wandering about, absorbing all the forest had to offer with the expression of caution and curiosity only a newcomer might wear. Second, well, I'd simply never seen her before. Perhaps there wasn't enough evidence to warrant my asking, but there seemed not to be any harm in doing so. "You look lost. I take it you are not from around here?

"Talk."

he tells me about the sun
and I tell him about you.

img
{Image: untitled_drawing_by_indelyde-dceus9t.png}
Roscorro the Dragon Heart
Currently championing: Caevoc
He was at it again. Trekking to the portal to see if he could find any new horses to welcome into their world. With any luck they may even join his new herd, his family. He had already had his confidence boosted by the little gypsy mare that had timidly agreed to join. Though he wasn't yet sure if Nineave would take to the herd yet, or if she had just agreed because she was afraid that he'd eat her. He certainly looked like he could. His body was certainly capable of handling an omnivorous diet, though he would never resort to such a thing.

Smoke drifted off of his body as he moved through the trees and shadows. The eyes watched him, but he regarded them with little more that his usual caution. None of them moved to harm him in every visit he made and he began to wonder if they were merely the magic of the Rift watching them. The land was full of curiosities. It was as alive as any horse. Free thinking, and spirited. Tainted by the dark malice that infected the land like a disease

He spotted Rixen and let out a friendly nicker of greeting before falling in behind him. His head on a swivel. It was the first time he hadencoutnered someone he knew at the portal since follow Vynter. He enjoyed the company of his friend and fellow leader as he wove through the trees. He marvelled at how Rixen could so easily navigate with his antlers. Never once did the man catch them on a low hanging branch or dangling moss. It was truly masterful. He wondered if he would fair the same, had he such a magnificent crown. Most likely not. He would lack the experience needed to traverse a forest without snagging a branch. Only ever knowing caves and tunnels for six years.

Still, it was fun to imagine himself with a regal set of antlers. The image that flashed in his mind brought a small chuckle to his lips. He would look ridiculous. No, Rixen was far better suited for them. he would stick with his array of spines and horns. He knew nothing else. Despite what he had been told all his life, Roscorro was comfortable with who he was. Having learned to accept his mutated, ugly self as who he would always be. But it was not until he came to the Rift that he found himself taking a bit of pride in how he looked. No one had yet to ridicule him for how he looked. Shocked and scared, yes, but most all came to accept him. Not only that he could use his scary visage to help protect those he cared for. Act fierce and scary and most things would leave him alone. He was not a creature to mess with when his family was involved.

Again Rosco's gaze traveled to Rixen. The wise horse had earned a warm place in the stallion's heart long before they had been erected as leaders of a herd. He felt honored to call him a friend, to call him family. Though the man wasn't sure anyone actually realized how he felt about those he deemed friends. How his attachment went beyond friend to a deeper realm. Then again, he never told anyone. Actions spoke far louder than words anyways. Perhaps they already knew? Picking up his pace, Roscorro slide up beside Rixen when the dense trees allowed. The smoke trailing off of his body mingling with the fog that wafted around their legs. They had not had much of a chance to talk about their roles as Crowns. Everything had been rather busy as the herd was formed and organized. There just hadn't been time.

But it was necessary that they discuss things. They needed to be on the same page, united. Most importantly Roscorro needed guidance on what was expected of a leader. He knew so little having never had the opportunity to watch his parents as they led their own kingdom. All he knew was that he would not act in the way they had. Shunning the ugly and different. he only knew their vicious, shallow sides that took pleasure in tormenting him. Revenge for being born imperfect. He knew not of how they actually ruled their people. Were they kind to them? Were they fare? What did Rixen expect from his co-leader? What did he expect of the blue man? So many points to discuss, so much ground to cover. It made his head swim and his shoulders want to sag under the weight. But he bore it quietly, gladly. Fore this weight was that of his family, and it was his love for them that gave him strength.

His big, bleeding heart would surely lead him to his grave. He would happily dig the hole, if it meant those he cared for could live happy fulfilled lives. Before any words could be uttered another came into view. Her beautiful form shone in the neon lights of the Rift as she wandered. Like Rixen Roscorro came to the conclusion that she was new. He had seen enough people enter their land to recognize the signs. He slowed, falling back further as Rixen greeted her. Roscorro tentatively emerged from the darkness, remaining a shoulder behind Rixen as he took the mare in with a kind gaze. "Hello." He offered his own dip of his head in greeting after Rixen. "If you need help, or directions, we would happily lend our aid." He said.

talk talk talk talk
Roscorro
I believe this world ain't half as bad as it looks.
I believe most poeple are good.

@Zenobia
You have my permission to use magic/force against Roscorro.
Maiming and killing is not allowed, though. 
Zenobia
Currently championing:

My leg had barely lifted free from the swirling mist when the sound of strangers approaching broke through the chilling silence. Ears swiveled and electric eyes searched for the source, from what I could tell there was at least two of them, two of them that seemed as if they knew the dark forest for if it hadn't been the whinney I wouldn't have ever noticed them coming. Eyes remained locked in on the trees where I had heard the call, ink dipped limb slowly lowering back to the ground allowing the mist to hungrily climb back up my leg, tickling at the inside of my thigh.

I saw his antlers almost before I saw him, my heart caught up in my throat as memories of the antlered bay who had sired me and taught me everything I knew flashed through my mind. It had been quite some time since I last saw one of my own with that proud crown sprouting from behind his ears, times like this made my heart squeeze and wish that the magic between the two realms wasn't quite so different...Athvadar would have done a good job of calming my nerves and my soul before having this confrontation. "Greetings." His deep voice urged me out of my own mind and back to the dark reality in which I stood, his tall frame sliding out of the shadows and into the gentle glow of bio luminescent plants that grew eagerly at the roots of the tall, dark trees.  The large stallion's front half was nearly pure white, marred only by a few dark markings, while his second half seemed to glow blue in the dim light.

There wasn't time to respond before a second form appeared, this stallion, even larger than the first, loomed in the background seeming to be more comfortable in the shadows rather than where the light could grace his frame. "Hello." He spoke between fangs and fur that weren't quite fitting of the equine form. Dark ears tipped forward as I strained to get a better look of the shadow creature, realizing there were other things off about the second stranger but I couldn't quite put my hoof on it. The two of them spoke once again, offering assistance out of the dark forest, wondering how blatantly obvious it was that I was new here.

A corner of my inky lips turned up ever so slightly in a half smile, bobbing my head in greeting towards the duo I allowed words to form for the first time in a while. "Hello, I suppose I am as lost as I appear..." A small laugh slipped from my throat as I relaxed ever so slightly, keeping my attention focused on the two strangers, knowing better than to let my guard down entirely around those I didn't know. "I am known as Zenobia, who might you two be?"

"Speech."

tag; @Rixen
ooc; -squeals- super excited, i love them all. apologizes for how short it is, i'll get better i promise
words; -4-9-0

ZENOBIA
Image Credits
Rixen the Vine King
RIXEN

As it turned out, Roscorro was not too far behind me. For some reason or another, he was also brought back to the portal on this particular day, although no question as to what his intentions were escaped my lips. Whatever they were, it was easy to assume that they were good ones. I was surprised at myself that I hadn’t noticed him sooner, for the massive stallion was impossible to miss, even in the darkest settings. Upon becoming aware of his presence, I was glad to see my friend was here, for I enjoyed his company immensely. We settled into a comfortable silence as we wove among the trees, each busied with our own thoughts, for there were many things to think about since the formation of the new herd. 

When I spotted the stranger and stepped forward to greet her, Roscorro did the same, expressing as much interest in meeting her as myself. He hung back a few steps behind me, though, presumably because he did not want to scare her. Roscorro was quite possibly the most cordial creature I’d met thus far in the Rift, but this quality was difficult to imagine upon first setting eyes on his gleaming fangs, sharp claws, and spike-covered spine. This was what came to mind as I awaited the stranger’s response, hoping that the mare had determined that we were of no threat. 

My expression was of one being forced to endure an unpleasant odor. This was accompanied by a gaze that was unwavering, while at the same time being soft enough to convey the amiableness that followed me wherever I went. Those green eyes, contrasting sharply with my pale, ghost-like face that was dabbled with dark, inky pigments, ceased to travel up to the tips of her wings or down to her hooves, instead settling gently upon the mare as if really focusing on something a couple of feet further away. Perhaps it was my introspective nature that lead me to be locked in thought as I absorbed the encounter, but it was hard to know. 

She did not answer my question directly, but nevertheless her words confirmed my suspicion, at least in part. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Zenobia. I am Rixen, and this is Roscorro." I stated calmly, features warm and reassuring. Tossing my head in his direction, I gestured to Roscorro after introducing him. The dragon-stallion still stood a short distance behind me, his furry and scaly frame still largely hidden in shadow. It was probably the reason that the mare had not seemed surprised by his appearance. Encountering an imposing creature such as himself was most likely not a daily occurence. My emerald gaze flickered from Roscorro back to Zenobia, examining the dun mare a little more thoroughly now that I was standing close enough to make out her features. When I was satisfied with my assessment and felt certain that she was no threat to us, I cleared my throat to speak again. "It’s easy to lose your way if you are unfamiliar with the Rift's ins and outs. I’ve been here quite a while, and even I still manage to take the wrong turn from time to time." A chuckle escaped my lips, warm reverberations echoing through the dark trees. "If you don’t mind my asking, where is it that you are headed As Roscorro mentioned, we might be able to point you in the right direction."

I fell silent, thinking it best to learn a little more about the mare and what she was doing in the Rift before inviting her to come back with us. Was that the proper thing to do - invite her back to Halyven, where we now made our home? Should it turn out she was headed someplace in particular, I did not want to distract the girl from whatever task might be at hoof. I wondered if Roscorro's thinking was along the same lines as my own, but had no way to ask the stallion what he thought would be best. Considering this newcomer did not appear to be a danger to our small band, I supposed it could go either way, and that there would be no real harm in offering her a brief description of our home should she express any interest in it. 

"Talk."

img

@Zenobia @Roscorro <3
The shadows hid him from view. Which was for the best. While Rixen's pleasant demeanor and appearance put the beautiful mare more at ease, his frightening physicue could do the exact opposite. He did not care to upset her more than she surely was. Being ripped into a strange world tended to cause one to feel a little uneasy. The menacing look of the woods around them, and the glowing eyes that watched on, did little to give one a positive outlook on the world they had landed in. It was all rather bleak. But he had Rixen both knew of the beauties of this land and had come to love it as if it were their true home. He deeply hoped that Zenobia would come to cherish this place as much as they did.

Rixen was the first to reply to her. He dipped his head when his name was mentioned. He still did not emerge, waiting until he saw a cue from the mare. A sign that she knew that they meant no harm. He did not have to wait long. Roscorro could not help but chuckle at Rixen's next comment. He slowly stepped forward. Easing out of the shadows in a cautious, none-threatening manner. "It does tend to throw a few surprises our way, does it not?" He agreed. It was what he liked about the land. It was ever growing, ever changing. Thanks to their efforts in spreading hope, it was also recovering.

He let Rixen do the most of the talking. What else was there to say at this point? He too felt that it best not to leap directly towards asking her to join their herd. He felt no need to try and steer their conversation, simply happy to listen to the fare maiden's needs before assisting her as best they could. She seemed kind and pleasant, feeling no hostility or ill will. He felt no reason not to mention their herd as the conversation progressed, to let her know there was a safe place to turn to should she need it.

talk talk talk talk
Roscorro
I believe most poeple are good.

@Zenobia @Rixen
Zenobia
Currently championing:

I found it a little odd that the green eyed bloke with antlers seemed content to keep his gaze almost past me rather than focused upon me. Perhaps he found it to be more welcoming, less threatening as they were two large stallions and I a small, meek mare alone here in these strange lands. A small part of me appreciated the gesture while another part of me wanted to jump forwards and start a fight now just to show him that I wasn't just some small, meek mare here to be rescued. I was the first born child of the Wildfire and the Transcended, which unfortunately wouldn't mean much of anything here...but I assumed traveling through the portal didn't have any effect on how I knew to work my hooves and teeth. Inner self and physical self fought with each other in a battle of wills to keep myself from lashing out at the hopefully helpful stranger, Rixen, and it appeared that whichever half held more self control was winning as inky limbs remained embraced in the mists.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Zenobia. I am Rixen, and this is Roscorro." His voice distracted both "selves" bringing them back to a world of reality where you don't attack strangers just because they won't make eye contact with you, no matter how awkward of a situation may be. Didn't his mother ever teach him manners?! I allowed a warm smile to creep across my features as I nodded to each of them in turn, curiosity peaked once again as I wondered why the much larger one preferred the company of shadows over that of his friend (?) and myself. While peering at the shadows, trying to make out the giant stranger, Roscorro, I could almost feel the other's green eyes move across my frame before settling once again in what I assumed to be the distance...again. "It’s easy to lose your way if you are unfamiliar with the Rift's ins and outs. I’ve been here quite a while, and even I still manage to take the wrong turn from time to time." Rixen spoke again, followed by a chuckle that seemed to dance off of whatever surface it met until it took over the silence of the dark forest.

It was in this time that the monstrously large stallion decided to free himself from the grasp of the shadows, he moved slowly, carefully, as if afraid to startle something...afraid to startle me. Dark tipped ears flicked forward as electric blues took in the creature's odd frame. His front hooves and limbs were replaced by scaly trunks that resembled much larger ones of the dragons I had met in Helovia. Fangs and spikes protruded from his overly hairy body, I could see why the faint of heart could find this creature disturbing. But I had watched horses turn into full-on dragons, I had seen stranger hybrids emerge from these curious lands into Helovia when their merging first occurred. A smile graced my features as I wondered, and kept my wondering to myself, if his paws and scales were warm to the touch as the flesh of the tiny dragons who had been our companions in Helovia. "It does tend to throw a few surprises our way, does it not?" His deep voice reverberated, not quite dancing like the smaller, antlered stallion's had but still filling the clearing with warmth where before only mist and glowing lights had been.

"If you don’t mind my asking, where is it that you are headed As Roscorro mentioned, we might be able to point you in the right direction." Rixen's voice drug my attention away from his strange, yet still even stranger handsome friend. Blues settled on his tri-toned frame and a smile forced it's way across my inky lips again. Surely I would be sore later from all of this smiling, an interaction I hadn't allowed myself to have in quite some time. "I am not headed in any particular direction, Helovia was my home, and now I am in search of a new one." I shrugged, feathered wings ruffling with the movement. They didn't need to know I had traipsed into their homeland in hopes of finding my family just yet, who knows maybe they would inadvertently lead me right to them. My gaze flowed between the two of them before a light giggle slipped forward, "If you two have room to change your duo into a trio I would be more than happy to travel along with the both of you until I find a place to rest my head."

"Speech."

tag; @Rixen
ooc; --
words; -7-7-2

ZENOBIA
Image Credits
Rift Presence
Currently championing:
the Rift
The darkness envelops you as though it’s welcoming you in its sweet embrace. It rushes in, overpowering all your senses as it grabs ahold of you, searching through every bit of you for things to take. At first, it notices your halo of electricity and devours it hungrily. Surprisingly, it completely surpasses your other magic – though it lingers nearby enough to remove the passiveness of it. Then, it turns its many eyes onto the cloak you bring, with the pull of the god of the north. It takes hold of it, taking it into the darkness with the rest of it, and returning a plain bear cloak where the other previously sat.

Then satisfied with everything it has done, the darkness disappears and vanishes. You have made it through the Portal, though the many eyes still watch from beyond the trees.

| ACCEPTANCE NOTES : Zenobia |

Magic:
The Rift takes your first magic.

Offensive: Her blood is electrified, so that any who make direct contact with it may receive a shock.

Items:
The Rift notices the God pelt you have and it sweeps in to take it. It suddenly disappears as though it never existed, but replaces it with a plain bear skin cloak.

For the cloak, it has lost its enchantment and has replaced it with a normal cloak. It’s not recorded as it’s not an enchanted item anymore, but you can keep track of them on your profile! Just put that Zenobia received it in this thread for the proof!

The companion goes wild, but you can rebond to it when you get the required RF! :)

Welcome to the Rift!
» Presence of the Rift «

Rixen the Vine King
RIXEN

"You are from Helovia?" I asked Zenobia, turning my head slightly at the question, green eyes focusing once more on the mare’s porcelain face. The orbs cradled within my darkly buffered sockets gleamed, almost glowed in the dimness of the forest. I spoke slowly, thoughtfully, trying to decide what to make of such a piece of information. If this was the case then- then perhaps this mare knew Kiada? And Aurelia... and possibly some of the others who also claimed to be from this place called Helovia, which I had never heard of before setting hoof in the Rift. Though I’d never been there, I still felt somewhat familiar with Helovia, solely because I’d heard so many different stories of it, of the magic and history embedded within its depths. Of course, a few stories were not nearly enough to sum up the complexities of an entire world, but at present for someone who’d never been to Helovia, I was rather well informed on the subject. 

"I myself am not from Helovia, but the name has come up many times over the course of my travels." My voice finally continued on, without waiting too long for Zenobia to answer my earlier question. "There are horses here who have informed me that Helovia was once their home, too." I glanced toward Roscorro, hoping that he would approve of what I was about to do, or rather, the words that would soon after cascade from my velvet lips as water would a series of rocky outcrops. They flowed nonchalantly, as if they had arrived without a second thought. "We can take you to them, if you wish." The words flowed away as if nothing had been spoken, dissipating in the still air as nearly as soon as they had graced it with their presence.

I cast a weary glance in the sky’s direction, as if I would be able to judge the position of the sun even through the shadowy canopy created by the tree branches, but only every not and then did a small fragment of light managed to penetrate the dense layer of leaves. By now it must have settled high in the sky, or maybe it was even beginning to descent back toward the earth. Either way, the simple act of looking was a way of silently reminding myself that we would need to start the trek back to Halyven and soon. It was the rainy season, and I did not want to be caught in the chilling temperatures of nightfall when it chose to blanket the land in darkness. That, combined with a sopping wet hide from the next rainstorm that was sure to come, would make for travelling conditions that were less than ideal. As such, I was eager to return to the city and to my friends.

The entire time I was addressing the newcomer, Roscorro did not move from where he stood behind me, aside from the occasional remark. This I perceived as an invitation to proceed with offering Zenobia a more in-depth explanation. I glanced quickly back to the white dun pegasus, who returned my warm smile, further convincing me that we would be making the right choice in inviting her to return home with us. Fortunately, though we probably appeared to be an odd duo, she seemed to express interest in travelling with us. Hopefully she would feel the same way after learning about our herd. "Before making any final decisions, however, I assume you’ll want to know the basics. Where we are now is known as the Portal, and it is the path everyone seems to have taken to come to the Rift. Halyven, our home, is a beautiful place not too far from here. Our numbers are small, but the folk are genuine, pure of heart, and strong. We would certainly value your company back to the city, where you might find comfort and shelter from the cold." Though I could talk of the spires for hours, it seemed best not to go on and on, in case Zenobia was not as keen on listening to me detail each aspect of the ruins as I was speaking of them. I couldn’t help but smile as I finished the final sentence, hardly able to believe that I could call Halyven (of all places!) home. Since the destruction of everything my heart once held close, I had never imagined the day that I could come to call another place home again. Home, as it turned out, was not limited the place I was born. Instead, home became a coalescence; a collection of memories, feelings, beings, and now a place that had, over the course of my time in the Rift, given my heart something to love again. 

"Talk."

img

@Zenobia @Roscorro
She merely took him in. No gawking, no looks of fear. She was completely unfazed. It was like when he had met Kiada for the first time. She didn't bat a lash at him. He wondered what world Helovia had been, to make one so desensitized to the oddity that he was. He couldn't help but add extra warmth to his smile when Zenobia suggested that they travel together. He liked that idea. She seemed nice. Confident in her skin and skill. He could tell by the way she held herself that she knew how to hold her own in the world.

He let Rixen speak first, nodding his agreement. "You are welcome to rest your head until you decide which direction you wish to go, or if you'd like to remain. We're more than happy to answer any questions you have about this world." He had quite a few of his own. His long tail swished from side to side, disturbing the fog and adding smoke into the mix. "It is actually quite beautiful, though the Portal does not give one the best first impression." He looked about, noting the eyes as they seemed to wink at him. His gaze soon returned to Zeno. She was far nicer to look at then the forest around him. He held her gaze as he waited alongside Rixen for her answer. A trio was a far cry from a herd, even a small one. Hopefully she wouldn't be put off by the idea.

talk talk talk talk
Roscorro
I believe most people are good.

@Zenobia @Rixen

OOC: A blah post. >>