This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
down the rabbit hole
RP Wanted The Portal 
Branch
Currently championing:
BRANCH
Everything happened so fast.

So.

Fast.

Last thing I can recall, I was running away from the shadows of my past, trying to find the magical lands called Helovia that were whispered of so often in my travels. I had followed directions, listened carefully and even traveled alongside strangers from time to time so I wouldn't lose my way...excitement had flooded through my veins when moon eyes landed on the bright green foliage that marked the entrance to my future.

The ghost of a smile crept across my sorrow etched features while my travel weary body quickly forgot how many miles, how many hours, had been spent walking since the murder of Luci and Mae. Ink dipped limbs kicked out, tearing mercilessly at the soft Spring ground, clumps of mud flying behind me as I raced against noone but myself to the entry way to the Threshold. Here, I would find my peace, or die trying.

That's when it happened.

So.

Fast.

The world around me went from the bright, welcoming, green to shadows. I felt as if my hooves were over my head, like I was running through nothingness and a feeling of panic and helplessness took over where the excitement had just been residing. Limbs kept running, somehow, for what felt like hours and hours. Even though I am sure it was really only a few seconds. Lips parted involuntarily for a scream to be let loose, but nothing came forth but a garbled cry as the world around me changed once again. I stood, head down, sides heaving, as my limbs finally ceased their forward motion, moon eyes closed tight against the world while I tried to gain my wits.

What had just happened...? Was this the great and wonderful Helovia I had been searching so tirelessly for? Was this some kind of sick joke the fates were playing once again on this widower?

A few seconds passed before I was brave enough to open my eyes to whatever horror I was bound to find before me. I sighed heavily, one....two....thr... Silver eyes snapped open, taking in the darkness...the swirling mist wrapping like a long lost lover around the trunks and branches of the trees that seemed to nearly block out the sunlight from the ground below. Once adjusted to the lack of light in the forest, I began picking up on what seemed like eyes blinking in the distance, a few different sets of them. Predator eyes, watching as my heaving sides returned to normal and my balded face lifted back to it's natural position. I wasn't going to die in this place.

Snorting, I turned in a slow circle, trying to gain my wits before striking off in some direction to get lost in even more so. Delicate pink nostrils flared, soaking in the scents of this area, the different horses and various other species that lingered here. Maybe there was something friendly nearby who could tell me just what hell I had fallen into...maybe.

"Talk."

tag; open to all
ooc; sorry i am rusty y'all it's been a hot minute! hopefully you all enjoy branch here
words; 5-0-5-

i'm a dandelion
you're a four leaf clover
image || coding
Rift Presence
Currently championing:
the Rift
Neon eyes blink in the trees; the shadows pulse and bloom and distort, stretching impossibly wide (like hungry mouths, all sharp shadow teeth) but only in the corner of your eye; and each time you blink, they're just shadows again, but slowly they start to stretch anew...

Are they coming closer?

They're coming closer.

Each time they start stretch again they seem closer, no matter if you try to outpace them. They're crowding in, looming closer, until all you see is the deep, endless darkness.

It slips into your nose, cool and thick and clammy; it slides down your throat, like a snake to choke on.

Then you blink again, and it's all gone.

[ ACCEPTANCE NOTES: BRANCH ]

Welcome to the Rift! :D
» Presence of the Rift «

Roscorro the Dragon Heart
Currently championing: Caevoc
ROSCORRO
He really shouldn't wander off from his herd. He should stay within the Eastern Flats where he could be easily reached should he be needed. They were so small, so young. Was it really right for him to venture off when his leadership was needed most? Truthfully, probably not. But it had been a little while since he had ventured outside the walls of his home and the dragon-kin was feeling a little stir crazy. He wasn't meant to be cooped up for long periods of time. Even within the confines of the tunnels he had been able to roam.

His powerful wings had made the trip to the portal far shorter than had he traveled upon land. Though their territory was conveniently close to the portal. But not so close one would feel on edge. It would be easier for new horses to find, and given the uniqueness of the city, easy to recognize. Mountains and forests could all end up looking the same if you didn't know what you were looking for. His first entrance into the land had him seeing mountains for the first time. And trees, and clouds, and basically everything that wouldn't be found inside a large network of caves and tunnels. It had taken him a few days to grow used to the sun, his eyes had never felt its touch and they had not handled it well. But other than that and some other discomforts (like freezing cold weather that nearly killed him), he had found joy in his discoveries.

He held a deep appreciation for everything around him. Things other may take for granite, he cherished. He was grateful for his parents sending him here. Their endeavor to kill him had freed him instead. He had come to love this world and all of its faults. He was probably one of the few, if not the only one who entered this land willingly, and he hoped to ease the fears of those who had be thrust into the world without warning. Hope that one day they would come to love this world.

He still held a reverence when moving through the portal. Though the eyes had never made a move to harm him, not since his trial, he was still cautious of them. This place seemed to breath the with the tainted magic that stole magic and altered bodies. Caution was always necessary especially when you throw in confused and scared horses who may or may not have powers to kill him with one shot. Given his looks he couldn't blame any if they tried. Though luckily it hadn't yet. As he walked he became away of another moving towards him. He did not recognize the scent of the other as it drifted his way. They would not know him. "Hello there!" He called out, alerting the other to his presence long before he'd see him. Best not have the fellow running into him and nearly having a heart attack. His voice was friendly and upbeat. he loved meeting new people. "Are you lost?"

"Talk."

I may not be the most important person in your life.
I just hope when you hear my name,
You smile and say "That's my friend!"
image || coding

@Branch
You have my permission to use magic/force against Roscorro.
Maiming and killing is not allowed, though.