This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
The Last Leaf
RP Wanted The Portal 
Nineave
Currently championing:
Nineave
Roscorro put on the biggest grin and told Nineave about his city and the ranks of the herd. He told her about how they trust one another and he trusted her. Nineave felt honored. She was going to be a part of something bigger than her, and that made her grin. Roscorro talked of sharing leadership with Rixen. She had never heard of him, but trusted Roscorro that he would be kindly. When Roscorro talked about trusting everyone in the herd, his eyes held seriousness and she almost felt it in the air. Nineave knew that she would never betray him, which extended to the ones he cared for. Nineave was very eager to meet everyone in the Kingdom of Halyven. This would be an adventure for sure. Out of curiosity, Nineave could not help herself from asking more questions. "How many are in the herd? Are they all similar to you or diverse in species? Who is Rixen exactly?" Nineave asked wildly and pranced mid walk in excitement while waiting for a response from Roscorro.

"Talk"

Though everyone treads a different path, all are intertwined in a greater web.
image || coding
Nineave{Image: search?view=detailV2&ccid=DDRmh8Al&id=5D...ajaxhist=0}
Roscorro the Dragon Heart
Currently championing: Caevoc
ROSCORRO
you and atlas are one and the same, my dear

She was quick to ask more questions, and he was happy to oblige her. "Including you, there are eight of us. A fledgling herd if there ever was one." But the size didn't matter. He was confident that they would grow. They would thrive and lift each other up. "No one is quite as wild or pointy looking as me." He chuckled. "Everyone is unique and different on the outside, as well as the inside. But we all support and care for one another."

He paused, considering the best way to describe his friend. "He is a handsome stallion." He began, his voice slow as he thought through each word. "With a crown of regal antlers adorned with vines. His face, neck and chest are white with black diamond markings on his face. The rest of his body is a blue with black stripes. He is kind and gentle. Always thoughtful as he speaks and gentlemanly in his mannerisms. He is very smart, wise, and holds an enthusiasm for the history and restoration of Halyven that is almost youthful in its brightness. He could talk to you for hours about the city that he loves. A refreshing contrast to his normally more proper, and slightly reserved manner. He always has a kind smile to offer to another and is a dear friend."

He furrowed his brow. That was probably a more detailed explanation than she was probably expecting. But like any proud family member, Rosco enjoyed talking about his family and how amazing they were. He looked down at Nineave. "You spoke of living in the Eastern Flats. What part did you hail from?" He was curious about her original home. There were so few native roaming about that he leapt at the chance to talk to any of them. Eager to learn of their life.

"Talk."

cursed to hold a weight you can't bear and still standing
not because you can — but because you have to

img

@Nineave
You have my permission to use magic/force against Roscorro.
Maiming and killing is not allowed, though. 
Nineave
Currently championing:
Nineave
Nineave listened with intent and curiosity. Though Roscorro's family was not blood kin, he spoke of them as if they were. She was anxious to meet Rixen and the others. They all seemed so amazing and she thought that she was miniscule compared to them. The clouds loomed closer in the southern sky, and Nineave knew that she and Roscorro would be soaked by nightfall if they did not find some shelter. Though she loved swimming, rain was not the most appealing subject. Especially since the night she lost her mother. The dark memory flashed in her eyes and for a moment she faltered as they walked along. She returned to the present when Roscorro asked her a very personal question: Where she was from."Well, I originally was born on the Rainforest Cliffs, but I only had lived there for a short while before making my home in the Mangrove tide pools. The Mangroves have really always been my home, and it is hard imagining living somewhere else. A shadow passed over Nineave's eyes. The thought had finally dawned on her, she was moving to live somewhere else, permanently. She no longer felt confident or eager anymore. All she wanted to do was to turn tail and gallop back home. Her mother had told her, before she died, that they would one day move to the tide pools. Living there had always honored her mother, and kept Nineave close to her. A single tear rolled down her soft cheek as she lost herself in a reverie of sorrow.
"Talk"

Follow your dreams and remember who you are.
image || coding
ROSCORRO

She slowed as the realization of what she was doing hit her. His own pace decressed to match her's, his eyes softening as he looked at her. "I felt much the same way for the forest of Solanis." He said. "Though my original home is not of the Rift, the glowing forest soon became my home. It is strange to think that I have officially settled so far from it." He thought wistfully of his first time within those lands. His meeting with Gwyn and then Kaos. Everything had changed so quickly then. He still could not believe where he was now. A leader of a herd of all things! From prisoner to leader all in such a short span of time. It was a crazy whirlwind of events that he hadn't quite fully digested yet.

He remained silent, offering a gentle touch to her cheek, should she let him. He would let her process for a time before softly saying. "Though you're herdland would be Halyven, that does not mean you cannot visit the Rainforest whenever you wish. It is rather close in some respect. And your knowledge of the land as a native would be invaluable." He was trying to cheer her up.

"You do not have to decide to join us yet." He said. "It is a big decision. Though would you be willing to accompany me to the city at least? Allow me to show you around, and meet the others." He hoped that if she was able to see the place and meet his family that her heart would be eased. It was scary, making such a big change.
"Talk."

img

OOC: I'm thinking we could end this in the next couple of posts and than start a new thread in halyven?
Nineave
Currently championing:
Nineave
Roscorro slowed with Nineave and told her of his first home in the Rift. He comforted with the touch on her cheek. Though she knew that she could always return to her homeland, hearing Roscorro say it was reassuring. The sun sank lower behind them. Into the sea beyond sight. He spoke of temporary residence with his herd, while Nineave looked back towards the ocean. When she heard his comment, she looked sharply at him. "I made a promise to my mother long ago to never take back what I said to anyone, and I never have. I am most certainly not going to start now. I am going to see that lovely city of yours and I am not turning back." Nineave blushed. Her sternness faded. That was the side of Nineave that her mother had called her father's  genes. Nineave was just a stubborn and shy mare who couldn't control her emotions. A deep hollow came up on the side of a hill to her right. "Why don't we stop for the night over there?" With a renewed gentleness, she motioned to the dip in the Earth that would provide protection from the storm that was coming. She looked at Roscorro with exhaustion in her eyes.
"Talk"

Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower,
But only so an hour.
image || coding
ROSCORRO

She was quick to refuse his offer. The spark of sternness was a stark contrast to her earlier shyness. A little fairy spunk was hidden within her. He didn't find it in the least bit wrong. In fact he found it rather amusing, endearing even. It was fun, seeing the girl change from quiet and unsure to determined and fierce. Just one more layer to the creature that was Nineave. He hoped to grow to learn more about her. She would be the first native to join their herd and he hoped that she would find a home among them.

As they walked on he suggested that they stop for the night. He gave a nod. "I think that is a spending idea." he agreed. The giant would follow her to the shelter she had seen. Naturally he would give her most of the protection offered by the dip as he took up position on the edge. He stood as a massive barrier between the world and his new herd-mate. Even if she had not been a new member of his family, he would have done this. His kind heart always sought to provide comfort and protection to those he met. If she allowed him to continue with this habit, he would remain on the edge throughout the entire night. He still had enough shelter to keep the worst of the coming storm from hitting him. Should she try to refuse his gesture. He would tell her that as leader, it was his duty to protect his family. This was something he would not budge on.

"Talk."

img

OOC: This'll be Rosco's last post. He will remain on the edge of their shelter, acting as guard and shield for Nin. Thanks for threading with me! We can pick this up in the herd's territory if you want? Just let me know!
Nineave
Currently championing:
Nineave
He agreed to Nineave's suggestion and it made her feel good that she had someone to listen to her and vis versa. Roscorro followed her to the large dip in the hill. Nineave laid down at the back end and closed her eyes. Sleep would not come. All that would was the heavy thundering of the rain as the night continued. This place just did not feel right. It was cold and there was no sand to support her on the hard dirt floor. This was not paradise. Nineave noticed that Roscorro had not laid down to rest, instead he stood watching the rain at the front of the hollow. This would not do at all for Nineave. She rose and walked over to sand next to him. "The rain is a gift and a curse in this world. It gives life to those who need it most, and it gives death to those who need it least. My mother told me that once, when I was young. The rain had taken my father and she tried to protect me so that it did not take me too. I was all she had." A single tear rolled down Nineave's face at the painful memory. She leaned on Roscorro for warmth in the cold, dark, and dreadful night. The rain pounded on.

"Talk."

The Day is a playground,
and the Night is death.
image || coding