This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Guided Discussion: The Guidebook & Quick Links
Neowulf
Currently championing: None
Hi!

I occasionally find myself frustrated by the guidebook - it feels huge and hefty and rather disorganized. I did some changes to the navigation today, but I'd just like to ask the lot of you for some input on the thing.

What could be done to make it feel less clunky in the navigation structure?
Do you find yourself missing a page, e.g. a masterlist of flora/fauna?
Anything else?

Also, if you have any suggestions on where and how to display the information about the currently existing herds - if/when we grow, there might be quite a few of them at any time - please let me know!

QUICK LINKS
These are supposed to be links you might find yourself using regularly. For example, to certain guidebook pages, or help threads, like the Account Updates.

Is there any particular location you'd like a quick link to? It could be a forum, Edit Profile, a guidebook page, etc.
Proximo, are you in danger of becoming a good man?
kae
Some kae thoughts, worth exactly what you paid for them:

I don't actually think it's horrifically clunky, or anything, but you could have it separated out by flora/fauna instead of just everything smashed into the regions, I guess. That everything is under the 'geography' heading is a little confusing. But it might also make for more links overall. I'm not sure. It's a lot of information and however you divide it, there's just a lot of reading required to understand it all.

I do think a masterlist would be very helpful! It's pretty annoying to remember something you want to look up but not where it lives, and go flipping through all the pages aimlessly. I would also appreciate some kind of indication on which animals/plants are more common in different seasons.

Anything else?
I might think of something later ....

Is there any particular location you'd like a quick link to?
Could the quick link to the guidebook please say 'guidebook' and not 'rules'? I go looking for the guidebook and my eye skips right past 'rules' bc it's not what my brain is thinking it wants. Or if not, maybe "rule book"?
Nat
I enjoy reading the information guidebook and I don't find it clunky or difficult to navigate.

A masterlist would be cool and convenient, but I've never had a terribly hard time searching for things (ctr+F)

QUICK LINKS
It's not a quick link, but I really miss having the time visible in our menu list thing.
Neowulf
Guidebook:

I'll work on creating a masterlist for flora and fauna, and see if I can find better headings for the lore bits!

Quick links:

Hmm I've always used the top menu for going directly to the Guidebook, but if people would rather have it under Quick Links I'd be fine with that!

The time is available in the footer right now, I'll see if I can fit it into the menu thing instead! Maybe I can just tuck it in the season box..? Hrm.
Proximo, are you in danger of becoming a good man?