This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
chemical kids & mechanical brides
Private Green Labyrinth 
Rixen the Vine King
Currently championing: Vjanta
R I X E N

When Kiada mentioned how she hoped Kisamoa would not turn on us, I agreed with a subtle tip of my antlers, "Me too." If he did, all could be lost.

I fell silent for a time, harkening to Kiada’s words as she detailed another encounter with the Riftian god. It was difficult to decide what to think of Kisamoa, based off of the things I heard about him. Already, he came off as a strange sort of god. What god would try to summon the dead from their peaceful slumber, thinking that such an action would bare no consequence? I understood that he meant well, however, I did not see what good could have possibly come of it. Whoever and whatever sort of creature he was, Kisamoa seemed to mean well. His actions seemed not to be products of malice. However, from the storied I'd gathered, he did not to know how to carry out said good intentions smoothly, without wreaking some sort of havoc. Who was I to complain, as an ordinary mortal who could definitely not do a better job. Especially not in an unpredictable place such as the Rift. The more I mulled it over, the more I began to consider the idea that like the rest of us, perhaps even gods were not perfect.

The mare shuddered when she spoke of diving into the river of the dead. I’d have shuddered too, if I went for a swim in so horrifying a place. It was brave of Kiada to dive in after him. It was brave of her to risk her life to save the life of someone who had, in a way, destroyed her own. Kiada stopped walking, and I stopped beside her. Her glittering blue eyes fell on me, and in turn, my green ones searched for contact. With my gaze locking on the gold-hued unicorn, I offered her a warm embrace, a look of understanding and compassion, if she would accept it. When it came to something like this, which I could not possibly understand, I took my role as a listener seriously. I sympathized with Kiada. To feel as though you are constantly drowning must be terrible. She certainly didn’t deserve that in return for saving a god. 

The tone of the conversation changed constantly, but in an almost rhythmic sort of way, like the ebb and flow of water lapping the shore. We went from talk of gods to Kiada’s tasks to the river of death she spoke of, and at last our words fell on the subject of the wall. I recalled the last time that I had been there, not too long ago. "That’s just what I was thinking…Two orbs didn’t seem to have any effect on it, last I checked. Maybe the orbs of hope are not meant to breach the wall. That, or we’re going to need a whole lot more of them." I mused in response to Kiada’s remark that the wall might go away as we continued to spread hope across the Rift, "There being a wall makes me wonder what might be on the other side. If there is another side. Interesting how if there wasn’t a wall I’d probably have far less interest in what is on the other side. I mean, I’d want to explore the land of course. But not being able to see or know something always seems to make you want to, you know?" By now my speech was easy and free flowing as a river, becoming increasingly comfortable as we conversed.

"Likewise, I hope such a remedy exists, and that you don’t resort to burning your tongue off." The laughter was carried in my voice like ripples in a still pond after a stone had been thrown in. It radiated outwards through the Green Labyrinth which had fallen silent up until that moment. The Labyrinth was gloomy and grey, yet somehow the laughter seemed to warm the cold place up. I found myself smiling in spite of myself, and it was genuine. It wasn't even the subject of our conversation that made the grin appear on my lips like an upturned crescent moon. There was no explaining it. I was simply happy, made evident by my expression and the sparkle in my green eyes. "I must selfishly admit that I enjoy talking to you, Kiada, and it would be a shame if I couldn’t anymore. That aside, I’d imagine burning one’s tongue off would be accompanied by a slew of many other, rather painful problems-" Despite there being serious undertones to my words, my vocals maintained their warm, humorous resonance to the end of the sentence. "-ones I'm sure you would not wish upon yourself.

"Talk."

they heard me singing and they told me to stop
quit these pretentious things and just punch the clock

image credits || coding credits
{Image: untitled_drawing_by_indelyde-dceus9t.png}

Messages In This Thread
chemical kids & mechanical brides - by Kiada - 01-23-2018, 07:27 AM
RE: chemical kids & mechanical brides - by Rixen - 01-24-2018, 03:19 AM
RE: chemical kids & mechanical brides - by Kiada - 01-25-2018, 03:16 AM
RE: chemical kids & mechanical brides - by Rixen - 01-27-2018, 07:11 AM
RE: chemical kids & mechanical brides - by Kiada - 01-29-2018, 07:35 PM
RE: chemical kids & mechanical brides - by Rixen - 01-31-2018, 06:49 PM