This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
On My Way
Open Mangrove Tidepools 
Rixen the Vine King
Currently championing: Vjanta

R I X E N

I picked my down the cliffside, making my way to the sea. Though my legs were weary from my excursions, I pushed on. The smell of salt in the air stung my nostrils, but there was something about it that I had missed. I’d spent a great many days walking across the Rift, but not because I had somewhere to go. It was quite the opposite - I didn’t have anywhere to go. So I allowed my hooves to carry me aimlessly throughout the land, trying to learn whatever I could about it. There was never a day that I did not come across something, or someone, new. Even from atop the greatest mountain, the vast land seemed to stretch far and wide for miles without end. A thought that constantly occupied my mind was whether the Rift stretched on into eternity, or of I could wander about forever and never come to its edge. Indeed, the Rift did come to an end. Eventually miles and miles of lush plains gave way to ground that was rocky and flat. After some time, I could hear the distant crashing of the waves and the air grew salty. The sea was near. I made my way in that direction until I could see the blue stretching endlessly away on the horizon.

The gentle lapping of the water was soothing to my ears. With great care, I picked my way toward the mangrove-lined shore. A sea breeze playfully tossed my mane about, tugging on each strand of alabaster hair as if to beckon me out to sea. I clambered down the rocky slope. When the land finally leveled out, I paused to survey my surroundings. There was no beach before me, but instead a great many tidepools. Curious, I stepped across the rocks to get a better look at them. The pools were like tiny lakes. Many of them contained little glowing plants which I had never seen before. Interested, I craned my neck out, peering into a particularly large pool. Two emerald eyes stared back up at me. My reflection scattered as the tide came crashing in again, swirling around my ankles. 

It was a rather pleasant day, with a warm sun, and this put me in a good mood. Standing before the tidal pools, I allowed my mind to drift, thinking about where I might explore next and what I might find. There was so much to explore that it would be difficult to be unoccupied or feel weary from a lack of interest in my current activity, even if there was nobody else around. I wasn't sure which I preferred more: being alone, or being in the company of others. Loneliness could be dangerous. Your thoughts could destroy you, if you let them. That's what happened to my father. Seeing him self-destruct made me careful - careful that the same thing did not happen to me. Part of me missed herd life, because I had been without it for so long. But the other part of me enjoyed the time to myself. I listened to the crashing of the waves a little distance away. The sunlight warmed my tiger-striped back. It was kind of nice, and the first time I had truly enjoyed myself in a while. 

"Talk."

they heard me singing and they told me to stop
quit these pretentious things and just punch the clock

image credits || coding credits
{Image: untitled_drawing_by_indelyde-dceus9t.png}

Messages In This Thread
On My Way - by Rixen - 12-26-2017, 10:24 PM
RE: On My Way - by Kiada - 12-27-2017, 07:31 AM
RE: On My Way - by Rixen - 12-28-2017, 03:21 AM
RE: On My Way - by Kiada - 12-29-2017, 07:06 AM
RE: On My Way - by Rixen - 12-29-2017, 08:19 AM
RE: On My Way - by Kiada - 12-30-2017, 05:57 AM