This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
» Lost & Found
Open Solanis 
Raein
Currently championing:
as the sun set on another, you fell through dying dreams
I almost do not respond.

For, I know better than to go galavanting after a disembodied voice in a strange land. I know that it is unwise to seek out the speaker who can whisper in your ear as if they are next to you, when they are not. I know well enough that monsters often lure in prey with similar manners.

They are harmless at first, dangling sweet promises before you. For the angler fish, it is the light dangled in front of sharp teeth, invisible in the depths of the ocean. For me, though, it was my own father.

I remember, still.

The sun rose higher into the sky, and the hours slipped silently by in the small alcove that had become my home. The tiny corner of a forest blocked by boulders, opening above to the sky of brilliant blue. The mournful tendrils of weeping willows reaching toward the small pond. Though my father had locked me away to live outside of the eye of his nation, my life remained sweet in that little nook.

Until that day.

He strode into my meadow, his face grim and his eyes mad. The death of his first, legitimate heir had wracked him with grief, I knew. Within his own home, the dismembered head of Cyphre sat rotting like a disturbed trophy upon a mantle still, but he insisted no one remove it. Thus, his expression did not worry me. Instead, I wondered idly what he had come to discuss. His words stunned me, for her spoke the sentence I longed to hear since my childhood: you may come home, Raein, and live as my son.

I know now that these words were really poison, coming to take away the life I loved, albeit lonely at times.

With the promise of acceptance and the love of my father, I followed him willingly into a trap.

So, I know better than to listen to the voice calling, however harmlessly.
Which is why, even as my hooves drag my body through the forest and toward a bright meadow, I do not really understand what I am doing.
Even moreso when I see him.

A monster, by just about any definition, stands before a line of equines. I pause on the outskirts of the meeting, not wishing to draw any nearer to the thing that stands, bleeding freely into the soil and smelling of burnt flesh and disease.

I am somewhat amazed by the greyscale mare who asks, without any hint of hesitation, if the thing needs help. I scoff inwardly, looking at the filly quaking with fear and her protector - the giant a familiar shape. Roscorro, the foolish boy I had met within the Rainforest.

After the initial shock, I settle into a vigilant yet comfortable position. While this beast looked like a monster, at least he did not try to hide the potential to harm and deceive. I found him more tolerable and trustworthy than the smiling faces of my home.

Not that it was a particularly difficult feat.
""
Raein

[ ooc - standing as far back as possible ]

Messages In This Thread
» Lost & Found - by Kisamoa - 12-08-2017, 08:36 AM
RE: » Lost & Found - by Gwyn - 12-08-2017, 02:18 PM
RE: » Lost & Found - by Roscorro - 12-08-2017, 08:59 PM
RE: » Lost & Found - by Taivas - 12-09-2017, 03:03 AM
RE: » Lost & Found - by Raein - 12-09-2017, 03:30 AM
RE: » Lost & Found - by Waker - 12-09-2017, 11:19 AM
RE: » Lost & Found - by Kiada - 12-11-2017, 07:59 AM
RE: » Lost & Found - by K'yarie - 12-13-2017, 02:32 AM