This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
some natures catch no plagues.
Open Rainforest Cliffs 
Raein
Currently championing:
as the sun set on another, you fell through dying dreams
I do not know what magic exists in this realm that I stumbled into by accident, but the air feels sickly and plagued by misfortune. I try not to breathe too deeply the air within the woods. The chill of winter has settled down here, but somehow I can feel the moisture thick and oppressive on my skin despite the frigid temperatures. Ice coats thick, ancient trees. The neon lights have dimmed, mere flickers in the background now instead of an overwhelming display, but the feeling of being watched only intensifies the further into the forest I walk.

I do not scare easily, but the instinctual warnings from my fight-or-flight systems makes every sound - every crunch of a long dead leaf, every jarring eruption of snow from branches, every distant cry of an animal - like a blaring horn in my mind. The disturbing presence that looms here, one of chaos and malicious intent, almost makes me wish I could be walking behind my bastard of a father again.
Almost.

Putting aside the terrible feeling in my gut and the eerie eyes blinking in the distance, I am relieved for the first time in years. Since the death of Cyphre, I had been pushed into an unwanted position. Despite being born a disgrace, I was expected to take over the mantle my father carried when he became too old to carry out his duties. Preened, trained, and mutilated to make this my reality - I detested my fate. Were it not for the that strange fold of reality, allowing to travel through time and space, I would still be moving inevitably toward a life I never wanted. I much preferred my early years of solitude; being lonely isn't half as awful as being vengeful and bitter.

In my travels, I finally stumble upon an odd looking tree. Though no leaves bloom through the frost, in the darkness afforded by the thick branches above, the bark seems to glow. I walk cautiously toward the dormant tree, looking about with wary eyes. The surface is dark and sturdy, with luminous veins decorating the surface. I find the specimen odd, given the lack of resemblance to the thick trunk giants I have been passing for hours now. Looking around its more dainty form, I see several of its cousins, gently glowing in the distance.

Odd. We seem to be outsiders in this strange realm, though the tree is firmly planted into the ground.
""
Raein

[ ooc - open for anyone; he's just exploring. <3 ]

Messages In This Thread
some natures catch no plagues. - by Raein - 11-13-2017, 02:56 AM
RE: some natures catch no plagues. - by Roscorro - 11-13-2017, 05:50 AM
RE: some natures catch no plagues. - by Raein - 11-13-2017, 06:36 PM
RE: some natures catch no plagues. - by Roscorro - 11-13-2017, 10:31 PM
RE: some natures catch no plagues. - by Raein - 11-14-2017, 06:19 PM
RE: some natures catch no plagues. - by Roscorro - 11-15-2017, 01:17 AM
RE: some natures catch no plagues. - by Raein - 11-15-2017, 03:59 AM
RE: some natures catch no plagues. - by Roscorro - 11-21-2017, 01:49 AM