This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Magic Duration Increase
Smitty
Currently championing:
-facepalm- oh jeez these magic restrictions

I entirely agree in that they're not perfect and some magics are awkwardly placed in categories/have restrictions that don't quite fit. I think I've re-written them ~3 times (all of them D: ) since Neo and I first created them. SO I'd say they're definitely still a work in progress and 100% open to suggestions!

I'm not a huge fan of "lasts one post in battle" because what if you used a magic the end of one post and had it bleed into the next? BUT I do agree that that kind of wording leaves more creative freedom in non-battle posts (which, really, is the where the majority of characters are written most of the time).

I guess I really only envisioned the restrictions as being entirely rigid in battle. Whereas, with regular threads when the magic affects another character, the recipient of the magic would determine the duration and scope of the affects (with the restrictions acting as a guideline). If the magic affects the wielder (i.e. transformation), then the restrictions offer a pretty good guideline of how powerful the magic is at each RF level.

I'm not opposed to a new/different sub-category in Offensive for magics that have 'lasting' effects! I'll give a think on it for restrictions. Or, if you feel so inclined, I'm very open to suggestions for restrictions :)

As for increasing the time in normal threads, the 2 ideas I can come up with are : (1) having a set of 'battle' vs 'non-'battle' restrictions (2) having a blanket statement, like normal threads may double the time for Offensive/Defensive magics or something?
I'm not 100% happy with either idea, though. The first makes me want to cry about writing. The 2nd may get a little confusing. -rubs chin- I'll think on it some more.

But, thanks for the input, guys! :D
if you don't know where to start,
go back to the beginning.

Messages In This Thread
Magic Duration Increase - by Dingo - 08-21-2017, 12:05 AM
RE: Magic Duration Increase - by Neowulf - 08-21-2017, 08:17 AM
RE: Magic Duration Increase - by Dressy - 08-21-2017, 01:33 PM
RE: Magic Duration Increase - by Townsen - 08-21-2017, 02:17 PM
RE: Magic Duration Increase - by Smitty - 08-22-2017, 12:44 PM