This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Magic Duration Increase
Townsen
Currently championing:
I think the offensive/defensive limitations are very reasonable for a battle setting, but outside of battle I agree that they suddenly become all but useless. I liked that on Helovia a lot of the limitations specifically said things like, "lasts one post in battle" because it gave you specific limitations for that setting, but was left open to what players wanted and agreed to in other settings. A lot of my regular threads had been at least semi-agreed upon beforehand, or I would ask permission to use my magic during if it came up, so I would just have it last as long as I saw feasible in the situation or until the other player chose to have it wear off. In a normal thread having something last only a matter of seconds or even one post is difficult to work with.

Maybe thinking about reorganizing the categories would help, maybe adding a few for things that intentionally give up power for duration, like lingering effects or something... maybe they could have another mechanic altogether like a diminishing effect or a cool down or something.

Messages In This Thread
Magic Duration Increase - by Dingo - 08-21-2017, 12:05 AM
RE: Magic Duration Increase - by Neowulf - 08-21-2017, 08:17 AM
RE: Magic Duration Increase - by Dressy - 08-21-2017, 01:33 PM
RE: Magic Duration Increase - by Townsen - 08-21-2017, 02:17 PM
RE: Magic Duration Increase - by Smitty - 08-22-2017, 12:44 PM