This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
cageless youth
Open Rainforest Cliffs 
Gwyn
Currently championing:

GWYN
uh-oh, running out of breath, but I
oh, I, I got stamina

She had learned her lesson about wandering off… at least for a little while.

Her parents weren’t far, and she could still hear their voices when they spoke, and could even look back, and see them, if she chose.  However, her eyes were on the forest, today being the first day since they’d arrived that the rain was no so dense that the foliage couldn’t stop it.  Though, occasionally, droplets broke through, the visibility was the highest it had ever been, and the inquisitive filly was making the most of it.

Most of the plants were ferns or wide brimmed shrubs, which bordered massive trees with tangled roots.  What Gwyn wanted to see, though, was wildlife – and there was simply none to be seen, other than the distant glowing gazes, which blinked out when she dashed or slowly crept towards them, and the moving lights.  It was quickly becoming boring, this quest for nothing, and so, a game began to evolve, as often happens in the minds of children.

Ducking through brush stealthily, she spies Duir not far off, lingering under the boughs of a young tree, and his eyes are closed, suggesting he is asleep.  A smile slips across her lips as she prowls and stalks, her head lowering, her shoulders bundling…

Slipping through the forest as quiet as she can, she creeps forward, and reaches out to tap the deer on the rump.  Suddenly, the buck turns around, however, and just before her muzzle touches him, his eyes are there, drawing a shrill shout of surprise from the filly.  A smug smile appears on Duir’s face as he moves after her, as Gwyn now finds herself rather ensnared in the grasp of a grabby, vine laden plant.

Got me!” she says, attempting to tug her legs free of the  vines, which became quickly wrapped about her small legs in her fleeting fright; she gets one leg free with a great amount of struggle, and giggles softly as Duir’s lips tickle her hind leg, as he attempts to help her get the vines loose, “these things got me, too.” 

Image by Jody Roberts@Flickr

@Glaciaou wanna come too?! :D
 @Bathsheba
I'm just wild
so sit the f#@k down

please tag gwyn for opening posts & mentions in group threads only

Messages In This Thread
cageless youth - by Gwyn - 07-19-2017, 06:12 PM
RE: cageless youth - by Bathsheba - 07-23-2017, 06:23 PM
RE: cageless youth - by Gwyn - 07-26-2017, 12:11 PM
RE: cageless youth - by Glacia - 07-31-2017, 10:15 PM
RE: cageless youth - by Bathsheba - 08-06-2017, 04:08 AM