This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Botany I: the beginner's guide
Trial Halyven 
Eira
Currently championing: Reszo
All through the night, blisteringly cold and unable to find rest, Eira had wished terribly that the first whisper of light through the cracks in Halyven’s eastern wall might bring too a change in weather; warmth, respite, any change from the penetrating chill of Freeze. Even though she’d weathered one and this half, it was difficult to recall just when it would end—time in the Rift, without the guidance of her parents, even Indra, seemed to be indecipherable.

Nevertheless, the waif-like young hybrid was more than grateful for the small blessing which her home offered, as far as shelter and relief offered, and on more than two occasions she had found generous heat beneath the feathered wing of her leader.

Roscorro, however, had become busier and less available through weeks past.

The morning finally came, wielding a wild, biting wind and flurries of fresh powder snow. Eira, curled tightly beneath the jut of a low rocky overhang, with the outside wing—tattered and chewed—draped over the top of her bony, angular body, sighed soft resignation and smiled. Admittedly, she preferred this bitter weather to the inescapable swelter of scorch; the coat thick around her never shed, and stifling humidity only worsened the assault.

It took a good length of time, an hour at least, to find strength enough to stretch and rise from her hardened earth bed. She shook herself briskly, perhaps out of habit more than necessity—the stiffness was always present, the hunger, the pain. Stepping out into the bright sunlight from the shade, Eira found her lashes dipping to shield her eager eyes.

Perhaps I’ll head to the portal again, she mused silently, strolling down a rubble lined avenue, vaguely curious about the whereabouts of those who dwelled in Halyven too—though the long, arduous journey lacked appeal. Instead, the blue orphan settled on a very different idea, an easier one, and began to scout about the rocks for the flora the Rift had tasked her to find; the one that would cure the familiar rash growing on her belly.

Anyone is welcome. Eira is looking for flora for her trial.
She has no horn yet despite the picture!

Messages In This Thread
Botany I: the beginner's guide - by Eira - 07-14-2018, 07:32 AM
RE: Botany: the beginner's guide - by Savera - 07-14-2018, 04:26 PM
RE: Botany: the beginner's guide - by Virga - 07-14-2018, 05:55 PM
RE: Botany: the first beginner's guide - by Eira - 07-20-2018, 03:59 AM
RE: Botany I: the beginner's guide - by Savera - 07-24-2018, 11:01 PM
RE: Botany I: the beginner's guide - by Virga - 07-31-2018, 02:48 AM