This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
How to Catch a Fish
Open Mangrove Tidepools 
Korri
Currently championing: Reszo
You could still be what you want to —
(what you said you were when I met you)

"I'm sorry..." The same answer every time. Of course. Korri forced a faint, strained kind of smile in response to the boy's offer. He began to wonder if he was a little insane. She had existed, had she not? Everything they endured together? The king, the bears, the rebels? The castle? The sea? His expression faltered just a bit before he answered. "I appreciate the offer, but... I think I'm faster on my own, for now." Korri shrugged his wings, hoping that explained it well enough. He hadn't the time or the desire to explain how little he trusted these ill thought-out offers of help. Perhaps they came from good hearts, or perhaps they were just people looking for adventure, or to get him into their debt... No. He already served Halyven against his best reason. He would not involve himself with anyone else unless forced.

"I would appreciate it if you kept an eye out, maybe," he added. All the same. "She looks just like any other raven, though she's missing an eye." Had the wound even healed? "We were separated when I — came here." And how had he come? Korri couldn't remember. Only: the rush of the sea and the strain of his wings. The shadows and unwelcome eyes of the Portal. He sighed. How quickly good fortune turned sour.

The boy introduced himself next, and Korri nodded. It was only good manners to return the gesture, so he gave his own name in response. "Nice to meet you. I'm Korri, a scout of the kingdom of Halyven. Are you familiar with it?" He supposed if he wasn't finding Auga here, he had might as well see what information he could dig up, instead. Learn what outsiders thought of them. Learn where this Galahad came from, if other herds existed... Everything so foreign still in the Rift. He would love it if only the hole his raven had left didn't ache profoundly in the very center of his heart.

Korri
texture

@Galahad

collect your tears, shoot 'em down
even giants hit the ground

Messages In This Thread
How to Catch a Fish - by Galahad - 07-07-2018, 08:25 PM
RE: How to Catch a Fish - by Korri - 07-09-2018, 04:59 AM
RE: How to Catch a Fish - by Galahad - 07-10-2018, 01:49 PM
RE: How to Catch a Fish - by Korri - 07-15-2018, 12:07 AM
RE: How to Catch a Fish - by Rift Presence - 07-20-2018, 10:06 AM