This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
FOUND FIRES;
Open Kingdom of Halyven 
Korri
Currently championing: Reszo
The lion isn't sacred when not sleeping near the lamb

Slowly, the miles crept by underfoot. Their voices filled the space between the Portal and the kingdom of Halyven: small conversation, though Baal seemed to be opening up. Korri was pleased to make note of this. He liked to think himself charismatic. And the more she said, the more he began to wonder if they had much in common, after all. "I'm not used to fair leaders." Korri almost laughed. He didn't, though. Just shot a brief, understanding glance over his shoulder. "Roscorro and Rixen are good men," he responded easily. Did he believe it? He wasn't sure. He had no concrete reason for doubt just yet. He supposed that made it true enough for the time being.

As Baal continued to speak, Korri did find himself chuckling briefly. "You know...'" he told her, glancing back again. "I think we may have more in common than you'd expect." Briefly, his gaze skipped over her features. The long, elegant fall of her mane. The soft glow of her markings. The way she held herself…. all differing greatly from his small, shaggy frame. The cheerful persona he most often wore. "I was also something like a diplomat," Korri told her as he returned his gaze to the front. Certainly this was the kindest way to describe Korri's past life. His father's favorite form of diplomacy had involved removing dissenters from the world. Korri himself had never been useful as an heir, but as a weapon…

He came across as harmless for a reason.

But of course, he didn't say that. He merely continued walking, listening to her speak about her father. I know the feeling, Korri almost said, but didn't. His father took no mare as an equal. His father… left him little competition, in the end. "So I suppose that means you were the best of them?" Korri asked instead. He didn't really expect her to answer — he meant it instead as acknowledgement. He understood what she meant when she told him all this. And he was listening. Listening well.

He climbed the last rise before them and paused as he crested it. The pale spires of Halyven rose ahead, ruined and magnificent.

Shuffling his wings, Korri said, "I think the kingdom of Halyven should call itself lucky to have you." A faint smile in her direction. "Even for a little while." He ventured no farther though, choosing instead to wait at the border for one of the crowns. They should be along shortly — the herd was so small. "Is there anything else you'd like to know before meeting the others?" Korri asked.

It is evil when it eats unless it's feeding from the damned.
unsplash

@Baal !
Just continued this onto here! @Rixen or @Roscorro to welcome Baal, perhaps? :)

collect your tears, shoot 'em down
even giants hit the ground

Messages In This Thread
FOUND FIRES; - by Korri - 06-19-2018, 03:56 AM
RE: FOUND FIRES; - by Baal - 06-20-2018, 05:56 PM
RE: FOUND FIRES; - by Rixen - 06-20-2018, 08:26 PM
RE: FOUND FIRES; - by Korri - 06-21-2018, 02:44 AM
RE: FOUND FIRES; - by Baal - 06-21-2018, 09:32 PM
RE: FOUND FIRES; - by Rixen - 06-22-2018, 07:44 AM
RE: FOUND FIRES; - by Korri - 06-23-2018, 12:07 AM
RE: FOUND FIRES; - by Baal - 06-25-2018, 04:12 PM
RE: FOUND FIRES; - by Rixen - 06-27-2018, 04:10 AM