This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Hidden doors to the unknown
Open Rainforest Cliffs 
Nora
Currently championing:
“…but there are cyclones!”

Frail, uncertain irises travel the horizon of that endless, brackish fountain. They are mesmerized (and horrified) by those giant typhoons of water that climb over the waves and vanish into the brooding, grievous sky. "Avez-vous déjà vu quelque chose comme ça?" My subconscious ticks off their unreasonable, unbelievable number(s) – shortly abandoning count and the vigor to continue after twenty-five. Their massive girth and untold length was terrifying and awe-striking even with afar. This trembling heart couldn't fathom drawing any closer into their chaotic path.

My damp muzzle leans sideways, locking upon the eagle with the uneasy beginnings of a nervous smile, "down there?" The question is forced upward, pressed higher to ascend the buffering, savage gale which strove to drown us, "we can talk about our..." Our future...our choices? The unspoken, unconcluded pathways tangle themselves, tightening and knotting upon my vocals like a constricting serpent. This place...however tame it appeared from above…stank of danger and unfamiliarity, “about what to do next," a weak finish, concluded best only when the small, skeletal grin fades into somber uncertainty.

Pectoral muscles strain upward, quickening their rhythm – instinctually they adjust to the buckling, unpredictable currents. Widening eyes shoot upward, following the harrowing line of billowing clouds. As if cued by our decision, silver droplets begin to fall, landing softly – unhurried. The storm is a jester and the latest trick is a startling, shuttering crack of lightning that flashes across the sky and sends tendrils of magnificent light scattering wildly overhead. My heart leaps into overdrive – shock ushers an unexpected cry that was mostly squelched by that aggressive, rebounding thunderclap.

OC: Hover over text to translate!

Messages In This Thread
Hidden doors to the unknown - by Nora - 05-30-2018, 01:43 AM
RE: Hidden doors to the unknown - by Noah - 06-08-2018, 03:08 AM
RE: Hidden doors to the unknown - by Nora - 07-11-2018, 03:32 PM