This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Diamond or coal?
Open Uwaritace 
Ranjiri
Currently championing:
I'M WAITING IN THE DARK FOR MIRACLES, BUT MIRACLES DON'T HAPPEN HERE.
I don't know what I was expecting, asking whether or not he knew if Gaucho, Rhoa, and Hototo had been brought back as well, but I was still disappointed when he admitted that he didn't know. "I see." I forced myself to respond, just so I could fill the silence, but after that there was still  a silence that was tense and awkward. I didn't know what to say. I mean ... what do you say to someone that you watched die and grieved for?

"But I've been here for ... a while."

My head turned and I looked in the direction that he had gestured, finding nothing more than overgrown forest. I started to wonder what Ros would say if she found out that my father had come back from the dead. I wondered if she'd wonder, just like I had, if others we had cared about had also come back or if they remained in ... in whatever waited for us once death claimed us.

Never expected to what? I wondered as my head swiveled back in his direction and my crimson eyes found his face again. Never expected to die? Never expected to live once more? Never expected to see me again? All of the above?

"I'm... gladd to see you."

"Me too." I murmured. Once more he stepped forward, but rather than step back I remained where I was. As his wings unfurled I was hit with the memory of being a child and being embraced by those very wings when I would go visit him in the Dragon's Throat, or when he was able to make the trip to visit me in the Hidden Falls. The little girl in me still wanted to run to him and be embraced, but the adult in me remained where I was, wary of this being just a trick of the Rift.

"When you died..." I started, "Did you know that I loved you? Or..." Or did you die thinking that I hated you?

"."
image | coding

Messages In This Thread
Diamond or coal? - by Eleos - 05-08-2018, 07:32 PM
RE: Diamond or coal? - by Ranjiri - 05-09-2018, 12:53 AM
RE: Diamond or coal? - by Eleos - 05-09-2018, 06:56 PM
RE: Diamond or coal? - by Ranjiri - 05-15-2018, 03:24 AM
RE: Diamond or coal? - by Eleos - 05-16-2018, 06:08 PM
RE: Diamond or coal? - by Ranjiri - 05-17-2018, 07:10 PM
RE: Diamond or coal? - by Eleos - 05-25-2018, 01:38 AM