This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
I'm Sorry I Squished Your Bird
Trial Halyven 
K'yarie the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
K'yarie
"Little bird, please don't die." K'yarie pleaded as she gently nudged the vulture. Her eyes full of concern. She hadn't meant to do this. Hadn't meant to hurt the familiar birdie. She hadn't even known he was there until he had cried out. Now it was too late. He was probably dead.

She had been moving through one of the more ram shackled sections of the city. Skirting the herd's territory. She couldn't face them yet. Not after rushing out of their meeting. But she was not willing to let a chance at gaining their good will go. She hated the idea of cozying up to them, but they needed support out in the wilds. She wanted to know she had a safe place to go should she need it. Should Val need it. The girl was so arrogant, naïve, and reckless. It was only a matter of time before she ended up getting seriously hurt. She wanted to know that she could rely on other to help them if needed. But she wasn't yet willing to beat down her pride and grovel. Would they even let her come after deserting them so? The wounds may still be too fresh.

So she moved through the cramped streets, weaving among the crumbling buildings. That was when movement caught her eye. It was a flash of color in a near by house. The door was sagging on its hinges, or what was left of it. Curious she had moved to investigate. The instant her nose had touched the heavy, rotting wood, it had fallen. The strangled cry of Khairi filled the air and her heart leapt in her throat. She was immediately shifting the door to see what she had crushed. Had it been some form of vermin? No, it was the familiar form of the vulture that accompanied the fiery mare. Kiada, she believed that was her name.

She was instantly on her knees, nudging the vulture, begging it to still be alive. The poor thing must have been hunting or exploring, she did not know. Now he was unconscious and she was pretty sure bones were broken. Birds were so fragile. "Please little bird." She cooed, her voice dripping with worry. "Open your eyes." She looked around, her motions though urgent, were precise and unhurried. She could not afford to panic and miss something. Spotting some rotting fabric she raced towards it. Ripping it free of debris she bought it over and lay it beside Khairi. Ever so gently she nudged him onto the cloth before lifting it between her teeth. She had to hurry and get him to a healer. Surely the Kingdom of Halyven had one!

Doing her best not to jostle her cargo, she left the building and moved swiftly down the street. It would seem she would be eating her pride sooner than she had thought. As well as begging for forgiveness. She couldn't have this ruin her relationship with the herd. Couldn't afford to have Kiada hate her. Couldn't let the innocent bird die. For all the thing K'yarie was, she was not a murderer. She would not needlessly take a life. Even though this was an accident, she felt responsible. What if it was her companion? She didn't have one, but the thought spurred her on. She knew somewhat of the bond a horse and their companion shared, which lead to her urgency in finding him help.

talk talk talk talk
Fear not this Night.
You will not go Astray
Though shadoes fall, still the Stars find their way
image credit to Achiha-Azteca.

@Kiada

ooc: Sky gave me permission to power play Khairi. Poor thing. K'yarie's trial was the seriously injure a companion.

Messages In This Thread
I'm Sorry I Squished Your Bird - by K'yarie - 04-23-2018, 05:01 AM
RE: I'm Sorry I Squished Your Bird - by Kiada - 04-23-2018, 05:46 AM
RE: I'm Sorry I Squished Your Bird - by K'yarie - 04-26-2018, 04:17 AM
RE: I'm Sorry I Squished Your Bird - by Kiada - 05-04-2018, 03:52 AM
RE: I'm Sorry I Squished Your Bird - by Zahra - 05-06-2018, 09:51 AM
RE: I'm Sorry I Squished Your Bird - by K'yarie - 05-19-2018, 04:38 AM
RE: I'm Sorry I Squished Your Bird - by Kiada - 07-04-2018, 07:17 AM
RE: I'm Sorry I Squished Your Bird - by Zahra - 07-13-2018, 10:18 AM
RE: I'm Sorry I Squished Your Bird - by K'yarie - 07-14-2018, 03:25 AM
RE: I'm Sorry I Squished Your Bird - by Kiada - 08-15-2018, 08:26 PM
RE: I'm Sorry I Squished Your Bird - by K'yarie - 08-28-2018, 05:21 AM