This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
down the rabbit hole
RP Wanted The Portal 
Branch
Currently championing:
BRANCH
Everything happened so fast.

So.

Fast.

Last thing I can recall, I was running away from the shadows of my past, trying to find the magical lands called Helovia that were whispered of so often in my travels. I had followed directions, listened carefully and even traveled alongside strangers from time to time so I wouldn't lose my way...excitement had flooded through my veins when moon eyes landed on the bright green foliage that marked the entrance to my future.

The ghost of a smile crept across my sorrow etched features while my travel weary body quickly forgot how many miles, how many hours, had been spent walking since the murder of Luci and Mae. Ink dipped limbs kicked out, tearing mercilessly at the soft Spring ground, clumps of mud flying behind me as I raced against noone but myself to the entry way to the Threshold. Here, I would find my peace, or die trying.

That's when it happened.

So.

Fast.

The world around me went from the bright, welcoming, green to shadows. I felt as if my hooves were over my head, like I was running through nothingness and a feeling of panic and helplessness took over where the excitement had just been residing. Limbs kept running, somehow, for what felt like hours and hours. Even though I am sure it was really only a few seconds. Lips parted involuntarily for a scream to be let loose, but nothing came forth but a garbled cry as the world around me changed once again. I stood, head down, sides heaving, as my limbs finally ceased their forward motion, moon eyes closed tight against the world while I tried to gain my wits.

What had just happened...? Was this the great and wonderful Helovia I had been searching so tirelessly for? Was this some kind of sick joke the fates were playing once again on this widower?

A few seconds passed before I was brave enough to open my eyes to whatever horror I was bound to find before me. I sighed heavily, one....two....thr... Silver eyes snapped open, taking in the darkness...the swirling mist wrapping like a long lost lover around the trunks and branches of the trees that seemed to nearly block out the sunlight from the ground below. Once adjusted to the lack of light in the forest, I began picking up on what seemed like eyes blinking in the distance, a few different sets of them. Predator eyes, watching as my heaving sides returned to normal and my balded face lifted back to it's natural position. I wasn't going to die in this place.

Snorting, I turned in a slow circle, trying to gain my wits before striking off in some direction to get lost in even more so. Delicate pink nostrils flared, soaking in the scents of this area, the different horses and various other species that lingered here. Maybe there was something friendly nearby who could tell me just what hell I had fallen into...maybe.

"Talk."

tag; open to all
ooc; sorry i am rusty y'all it's been a hot minute! hopefully you all enjoy branch here
words; 5-0-5-

i'm a dandelion
you're a four leaf clover
image || coding

Messages In This Thread
down the rabbit hole - by Branch - 04-21-2018, 04:46 PM
RE: down the rabbit hole - by Rift Presence - 04-21-2018, 06:09 PM
RE: down the rabbit hole - by Roscorro - 04-21-2018, 07:23 PM