This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
I Seem to Have Misplaced My Yearling, Again
Trial Rainforest Cliffs 
Roscorro the Dragon Heart
Currently championing: Caevoc
ROSCORRO
How was it that one could lose track of young ones so easily? This was the second young horse he had lost in about as many seasons. He fretted and searched, calling out for Vynter like he had done when he had lost Gwyn. Even now he still kept an eye out for the young filly hoping beyond hope that he would see her again. But she was gone and he felt the loss. Now Vynter had also vanished. Sure the lad wandered off now and again, but he always seemed to find his way back to the giant. But it had been days, no weeks, since he had seen his quiet friend. Needless to say he was becoming worried.

His deep voice rumbled through the rainforest as he called for Vynter. But the curious boy never answered, never appeared. Just like with everywhere else he had searched. Just like with Gwyn. He spent all morning searching high and low within the Rainforest Cliffs and by the time the noon day sun had come to rest at the center of the sky, he was disheartened and miserable. Where could that boy have gone?

He heaved a heavy sigh, the great magnitude of his breath causing the leaves of a near by fern to stir. He still have a vast amount of this forest to comb before moving onto another area to search. The same stone of worry that had formed in his gut when he could not find Gwyn grew as he now bore the weight of losing Vynter. Surely he was okay? He was quiet and overly curious, but smart. He had to believe that he'd not place himself into too much danger. Somehow he didn't believe that or feel reassured.

Best find him before anything eats him while he's investigating an interesting animal or plant. Picking up his pace once more the massive Clydesdale tribrid plowed his way through the foliage. Only slowing when his claws touched the sand of the beach. It was here his worried gaze lighted upon another horse. A young lass who's face reflected to same worry. The same searching gaze as she tried to find that which was lost. Though he himself had his own problems, his ever bleeding heart could not allow him to leave the girl be. So, with careful steps he approached. "Excuse me miss." he began, his voice ever kind and gentle. "Are you looking for someone?"

"Talk."

I may not be the most important person in your life.
I just hope when you hear my name,
You smile and say "That's my friend!"
image || coding

ooc: Ugh, this is bad. But there you go! @Eira

A trail for Rosco where he has to help two friends reunite. The friends being Eira and Vynter.
You have my permission to use magic/force against Roscorro.
Maiming and killing is not allowed, though. 
Eira
Currently championing: Reszo
It had been raining for a good number of weeks already without a moment’s respite and the thirsty, Scorch-baked landscapes of the Rift had quickly become oversaturated. Where mere months before, cracked clay fields spanned the eastern horizon, swollen streams of muddy, orange banded the land, spewing forth into swollen rivers that coursed angrily towards the sea; the sands yet repelled the moisture like the moon from the sun. Low-lying areas had formed early ponds, and those quiet-looking waterbodies were now rapidly filling lakes, churning beneath the wrathful wind’s stroke, whenever a storm curdled the air.

The jagged western skyline, once painted with rich forest-hues and crisp earthen-brown, was indistinguishable beneath the thick blanket of sunken cloud and unrelenting rain. To the north, the enormous portal stood like an ominous beacon - a great, gaping mouth – and south, the soft whisper of water-washed leaves tempted her resolve to weaken; so much easier it would be to fold back into the familiar shadows of the old rainforest, which had become home.

“Soon…” she thought pensively, retiring her quiet eyes upon the trail, which had, barely moments before, arrived her at this point. “…we will be together again, Indy”. Eira drew the bony arms of each long wing in sung against her soggy, overgrown coat and shivered - both for the chill gnawing constantly at her tired, undernourished bones, but also for the thrill of the wide unknown beyond her little hillock. From somewhere below, a queer howl rose up through the rain. Downy ears, pricked and listening noted the sinister note in the sound, and the lean legs trembled, turning, guiding her scrawny body away into the sanctuary of the tree-scape.

Even despite the wretched, ugly nature of her appearance – the crippled bend in each forelimb, the barbered, broken length of each quill – there was too, undeniable charm in every slow movement, impossible confidence, a perfectly fragile picture; how could a creature as obviously unwell as she, survive the Rift for so long? She slipped between the mossy stones and bright, watered undergrowth with care and precision, sensibly leaving no trace of herself for the predators lurking to follow. When the dreary, overcast dimness of evening began at last to descend, Eira was scrabbling down the slippery stone track that carved cliff-side access to the beach (there was a cave called Ultima, whose underground corridors allowed some warmth).

The sand was soupy, sucking at each chipped hoof as she hastened along, the best way that she could. The deep shade of the rock wall lifting alongside to her right and boulders (larger than she), tumbled-down together to the left, skewed view of the mammoth until his deep voice rumbled forward in greeting. The shaggy-coated filly leapt away, startled, pressing tightly against the cold, wet cliff as she scanned each dark shape before her; picking out eventually, the softer line of feather and fur. Nervous eyes adjusted quickly to his colour – the unusual combination of creatures that seemed to contribute to his making – and while he stood with generous distance between them, Eira’s own rigid posture began to ease.

To her surprise – in response to the question the stranger posed - it wasn’t the face of her beloved twin, that rose to the forefront of her mind. “Him?” the face of a healer, a hero, with a plush pink nose as soft as the downy plumage beneath her wings. “Where is Vynter?” With a solemn expression cresting slim, gaunt features and eyes downcast upon the dulled, golden sand beneath her hooves, the young horse recalled the moment her friend pulled free of their embrace – the warmth - and vanished quickly into the forest.

Lines | Colouring
ROSCORRO
Roscorro was not one to dwell upon one's appearance. Except that of his own due to how it may upset others. He did not any more note of another's deformities or short coming than was necessary. As such he did not see a little filly who was ugly and deformed. But a young lass who was clearly starved for food, worried and in need of help. The light in her eye was bright and there was a tender sweetness about her that brought beauty to her being. This was what Roscorro saw, and he was instantly in love. How he wanted to sweep her up and give her food and shelter. To ease that worried expression and make her smile.

Her downcast gaze in response to his question was enough of an answer for him. He offered a tender smile, his large head lowering to better be at her level. "I am also looking for someone. A young friend who I seem to have misplaced." He said. "He tends to wander off, and I am worried about him." Oh Vynter, so curious, so innocent. Where could he have gone? He cocked his head, his long white and black forelock falling in front of one eye. "Perhaps we can help each other look? Two eyes are better than one." he was not spurred by the knowledge that this was apart of one of his trials, to reunite two friends. But by his genuinely good heart and desire to help Eira. "I am Roscorro by the way."

"Talk."

image || coding

@Eira @Vynter

ooc: I am not sure who is replying next. I will just roll with what ever you guys decide. Let the hunt for Vynter begin!
Vynter the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
Kick... skip skip skip... Kick... skip skip skip...

The shiny pebble skittered to a halt once more along the sandy shoreline; and the boy wasted no time in kicking it again. He had been doing this for a few hours now (unbeknownst to himself and his two previous companions) about two miles away from where the other two had met. He had come here to practice flying, but before he could even begin he had noticed the birds playing with a few shiny pebbles. Being one that always enjoy investigating; he instantly approached the creatures in an attempt to partake in their adventure.

Although the gulls had vanished at his approach, this didn't deter the boy from stepping over one of the small pieces, and promptly kicking it away. The sound against the sand and larger rocks left a satisfying sensation ringing in his ears, and with a flap of his large wings he had given chase. This game had continued until finally with an unintentionally powerful kick; the pebble had landed into the ocean. A brief pause fell over the boy, as the ocean breeze kissed his mane and spattered salt along his coat. Eyes of ice blue were focused on the waves that lazily lapped against the shore, and then the storm clouds off into the distance. There would be another storm soon, sooner than anyone would probably think; but Vynter probably had time to go and get that pebble.

So without a moment's hesitation he trotted right into the water, and began his search at the ocean floor for his glimmering prize.

Vynter
My will is a sword that cuts down anything in my way

@Eira - Don't mind Vynter doing stupid things xD
Eira
The sound of the waves beyond their cliff-side position was soothing, constant, and it served to compliment the low rumbling tone of the unfamiliar stallion’s gentle voice - even while his formidable silhouette begged for a more fearful reaction. Her eyes, quiet and meditative, were drawn hither by the reassuring words, and they danced with budding curiosity between his own deep, moody-grey gaze; they had something in common, as much as it surprised her, but she felt above it all a growing sense of ease. She nodded quickly at the suggestion that they should search together (his company would no doubt deter the nocturnal-type dangers she hoped to escape), and in thought she replied, “Eira.”

It had been a long while since the sickly blue horse had felt so empowered, even despite the growing twilight and the tide which inched closer with every frothing crash. Searching was something she’d become rather expert at, trawling through forests and fields, skirting seas and scaling mountains (though the latter had taken a month's worth of toil), and at once there seemed to grow about her a pluckier, bolder vibe. Though she knew not who it was that Roscorro sought, really, she dipped her trembling lips to scent the salty, soggy sand. She was eager to help him, to maybe win his alliance and end months of isolation; though the sweet-natured colt had indeed touched her heart too.

There was no trace of another beside the potent flavour that belonged to each of them, and feeling pressured, a little dismayed too, she stepped away between the rocks to track further afield; while now she felt content and comfortable, with no driving need to seek shelter, Eira wandered in the direction of the caves (for there had been no trace of another, along the way down from the rainforest). Here and there her earnest, dull blue eyes sought backwards to find the larger, and as long as he was there, her studious endeavour continued.

Lines | Colouring
ROSCORRO
She agreed to his proposal that they search together. The change that came about her was subtle at first, like the licking of a breeze before it fills the sails of a ship as confidence took over. He smiled and let the young lass take the lead. When he emerged from the shadows his entire being would be on display. The enormity of his bulk for all to see. He was no small creature, and certainly not the softest or safest looking one. Yet the young girl had seen passed this with her shrewd eye, spotting the gentleness within. He would be her guard as they searched, deterring any predators from making the girl their target.

He knew not her name, unable to hear her thoughts. But he did not pressure her to answer any questions. She had proved to be as silent, if not more so, that Vynter. He was not the type of horse that needed conversation to feel comfortable around another. Merely the presence of another was enough for him, should his company prefer not to speak. She was clearly warming up to him as they walked, her posture growing more and more at ease.

As she searched the sand for scents he took to scanning the beach with his eyes. He hoped to spot Vynter, and possibly the young girl's friend in the horizon. At the very least he would see if anything dangerous was approaching. But they were the only two upon the beach save for the wind and waves. Whenever Eira glanced back his way he would smile, finding her actions to be rather adorable. He was no far behind her, ever present in case she needed his assistance. Though she was doing everything easily enough on her own.

Proof that one should not judge another by their differences. She was deformed and clearly had struggled in her early years. But she still possessed an inner strength that drove her on. Her walk, though different than a normal horse, held a ponderous elegance. She was a testament to the truest of spirits. Full of determination and innocence. An innocence he dearly wished to protect. She need not worry about making Roscorro her ally, for she had already made a friend she would be hard pressed to lose.

"Talk."

image || coding

@Eira @Vynter
Vynter the Hopebringer
Currently championing:

Diving beneath the briny waters was not granting him any purchase. Even when he went with the current the thickness of the salt made it hard for his eyes to truly see. He searched for the pebble eagerly, resurfacing with each toss of a wave in order to keep himself oxygenated. As he continued on his endeavor, the sun began to fully set the tide began to slowly rise. The wind began to pick up, causing the waters to stir and slosh around the yearling. He was unphased, continuing with his search in hopes of coming across the precious pebbles.

It was only when the storm was finally upon him did things began to change, the waves growing bigger and churning around his thin body. Soon he was no longer in control of the direction he swam in, instead being thrown about in a jerky and urgent manner. With each passing wave he got tossed harder and harder, before the beastly waters began to suck him in. Yet even now he wasn't panicked, merely interested in the way in which he was being moved. It was almost exhilarating; to not be in control of his own movements. He was a ragdoll at the ocean's disposal; and he held only the utmost respect for it.

A final jerk of the waters that held him under long enough that he nearly stopped breathing was what brought him back to a more logical rationale. He was fortunate that the waters popped him up like a cork, and as soon as he had the opportunity he began his way back to shore. He was beginning to feel the exhaustion pulling at his legs, and he nearly got sucked back in before he made it to the sandy shore. Coughing up some water he heaved, regaining breath and attempting to rid himself of the mild panic. His skull slowly lifted to look out into the ocean, ears curiously pricked to study the clouds rumbling ever closer.

As the waves began to slap at his legs angrily, he took a step back, before turning around and heading further in land in search of some shelter.

Vynter

@Eira
Eira
As the veil of promised evening drew ever deeper along their beach, and while the rain still beat steadily with no hint of respite, Eira felt the stinging pinch of cold in her malformed joints. Her step grew a little slower, stiffer over time and while she stumbled often her wings, savagely butchered, and incapable of flight, spread some to balance her bumbling body as it went.

There came a small sound within the ear that rested back, a soft murmur so sweet and fine, that a smile was lured across her lips. “Little Fay,” her mind whispered fondly, warmly, as the tiny Eriucla stirred from sleep. There was a spot within the filly’s downy, warm ear that (if tilted backwards), provided a safe shelter from both the wind and the rain, and this is where she had been since that awful sneeze.

Only very occasionally did Eira forget that she was there and pitch the rebellious ear which hid her forward from its new, necessary stance.

Some distance out to sea, the sky began to growl, and the orphan paused and turned, seeking the eye of formidable-looking Roscorro. “Storm…” her thoughts bled imploringly, leaking concern through her thin, sickly features and as though to reiterate her meaning (though silent had been her voice), she glanced nervously by the stew of wind tossed water and the grim, black clouds which seemed to blend down through it.

Eira wondered if the giant knew of the cave beneath the cliffs - where great walls of glass allowed them rare insight into the lives of those who dwelled beneath the waves. So too, however, did she worry for the lost: Vynter and this other, for the weather, was turning now quickly, and the wild flurry flung suddenly against them, whipped her silken tresses into frenzied animation. They would need to shelter soon or face the storm-surge tide.

Lines | Colouring
ROSCORRO
Eira had grown slower in her movements as a chill entered the air. Sensing this Roscorro moved closer, providing a handy meat shield against the wind as it picked up. He looked to the sky and the dark, angry clouds that were gathering on the horizon. The storm was fast approaching. His gaze fell to the young girl beside him and she too seemed concerned by the coming storm. They would need to seek shelter. But he wanted to desperately to continue searching for Vynter. His friend would also be caught in this storm. But now he also had Eira to think about. She was so frail and delicate. She could not be out within this storm. He had to get her to shelter first before he continued searching.

It seemed she too had thoughts of shelter as she angled her path towards the caves. Rain drops began to fall and he stretched forth a massive wing. Like with Valkyrie, though then it had been a means to combat the sun, he used it to protect Eira from the water that now began to fall from the sky. They were quite handy, these wings. Though it seemed they were being used for an umbrella rather than for flight these days. As they walked he continued to search for Vynter, his gaze eating up the surrounding landscape as they hunted for his familiar form. Surely the lad would be seeking shelter from the storm as well? Unless his curiosity had been quipped, then he very likely did not even know the storm was here as he investigated his new find.

For one so smart, he could have a one track mind. Roscorro worried that he was so fixated on something that he would forget to care for himself. That seemed to a likely outcome for the boy. He prayed that he was wrong and they would find the grullo paint waiting for them in the caves. If not, he would leave Eira to search for him, and her friend. They would both be in danger out in this storm. Then again, he would be too. Even his large stature couldn't protect against the worst of the maelstrom to come.

"Talk."

image || coding

@Eira @Vynter
Vynter the Hopebringer
Currently championing:

He was all too familiar with the caves in Ultima. The ocean often called his name, and so he wasted no time in exploring these lands and often sleeping here throughout the night. So it took him no time whatsoever to find the caves that sheltered him; embracing the humid air that surrounded him with each step. Taking in a soft breath he shook his feathers and coat free of the salty brine, closing his eyes to enjoy the darkness; before finding his stash of dry bedding in order to prepare for a long night of rain.

Except this time a noise near the outside of the caves stopped him, causing his ears to prick and his head to delicately turn in the direction of the entrance. He took his time trying to assess who, or what, might be approaching his sanctuary. Despite the salt blinding most of his senses, he could smell the all too familiar scent of his beloved Rosco. When he began to turn and walk out to find him, another smell hit his nostrils. It was she, the blue babe with the broken wings and emaciated body. They had left on a very awkward, note, but he still often worried about her wellbeing.

Breaking into a brisk trot he revealed himself, finding the two actually walking together likely in search of shelter themselves. The girl was still wet, stronger than before and her wings still looked to be a lot better than he last saw her. However it seemed she wasn't eating as much as she should be. He would need to find something soon. Approaching them both he nodded to Rosco briefly, before looking at the smaller girl and pressing his face to her cheek in greeting. Although they weren't entirely close, he had missed her company greatly. When one takes three days to tend to someone, you often grow some sort of attachment. When he was done giving her an inspection of her wellbeing, he finally decided to speak.

"You've stopped eating again," he mused, looking at her seriously before walking around to inspect her petite frame. His lips found her wings, delicately lifting one in his teeth in search of any hidden infection. Since he had cleaned them and relieved much of the itching, it seems she had avoided biting at them. This had stopped the infections and breaking of feathers. He could even see some of them beginning to grow back. Letting the wing gently fall from his mouth he finished walking to her other side, instinctively pressing close as he had done in the cooler nights they had spent together. His eyes took note of her burn, realizing the Rift still had a grasp on her body.

He only hoped that as time went on the lands would have slowly let up on her fragile frame, but it seems no such luck. His brows furrowed for a moment, before he tenderly pressed his nose to her cheek in an attempt to lead her into the cave while quietly speaking,"There's bedding inside to rest on." He knew Rosco would follow, not because he wasn't independent, but likely because he would be gushing over the boy and scolding him for disappearing as he always did. The boy of course would let him express what he had to stay, and then move on with other things. Thus was their relationship, but it didn't seem like either of them intended on changing it anytime soon.

talk talk talk talk

Vynter

@Eira