This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Testing, 1 2 3!
Private The Pinnacle  Learning thread ||| Roscorro
Ahlora
Currently championing: Reszo
@Roscorro

Ahlora stood on the flat stretch of sand calmly, finally ready to at least try to enjoy her new form. After all, she always wondered what it was like to fly...

Surprisingly relaxed, Ahlora tried to control the muscles in her new limbs, slowly getting used to their weight and movement. It was still a little clumsy, but much better than her constant twitching to try and find a comfortable position. With her wings spread, they didn't seem as awkward. Instead, Ahlora had though, they almost felt natural... Like in a dream, where breathing underwater felt no different than on land. Ahlora wondered if she could do that now, as well.

Probably not, and I'm not going to drown myself to test it. The mare pulled her wings back in before spreading them again, over and over until she felt the action had become smooth. She still couldn't fold them just right, but at least she was warming up to the idea of feathers resting against her sides and back while her wings were limp.

Next, Ahlora tried to lift them, and immediately regretted it. She overestimated the amount of force she'd need to lift them, and her wings slashed through the air upwards with so much force she lost her balance. Ahlora frantically tried to right herself, flapping her wings and flailing as she attempted to regain her footing in the soft sand.

She failed.

Ahlora was on the ground in seconds, her right wing pinned under her and her left wing flopped across her body. Thank lupus she was alone...

"TALK"

OOC: She tried XD
Ahlora
Photo by Brandon Morgan at unsplash
Using magic/force or attacking Ahlora is fine. Giving her a scar or two is alright.
However, no killing or maiming unless previously talked about!
Roscorro the Dragon Heart
Currently championing: Caevoc
ROSCORRO
you and atlas are one and the same, my dear

He found it far quicker and easier to fly to places these days. His great wings carried him far further than his thundering hooves and paws ever could. Eating up the miles as he soared high over head. It allowed for him to visit the areas surrounding his herd far faster than walking or running. He could be off and return in a far shorter amount of time. Which was what he desired. To remain away from the kingdom for too long was unwise. Not that he thought anything would befall the small, but determine herd, but he wasn't one to risk the safety and unity of his family by disappearing for weeks on end.

His little missions beyond his home had proven to be rather fruitful, allowing him to meet new people and gather various plants to possibly cultivate within their greenhouses. Today though, he found himself flying above the cliffs of the pinnacle. He had not been here since the appearance of the goddess Hope. The mountain still glowed with its mysterious light and he wondered if any more gods were slumbering within.

With another stroke of his wings he was descending, his mighty frame streaming smoke behind him, like a burning plane. His cloak flapped in the wind, the beads and trinkets in his mane jingling as his necklace slapped against his neck. His horns were reduced to the simple circlet atop his head. He had gained quite the accumulation of treasures and items, all gifted to him by the Rift's beings. First the Matron, then the goddess Hope herself. In one year he had gained more than he had ever been allowed to own in his life, and he was becoming quite weighed down. Even still, his wings carried him on, seemingly unhindered by the added weight. Strong, powerful. Tested strengthened upon the stormy winds of the Rift.

For a beast of such size and sharpness, Roscorro appeared elegant and almost serene as he danced upon the wind. If the mare thought she was alone, she was wrong. The keen eyes of the stallion had been watching her as he glided lower and lower. She was a curiosity. She was acting like a youngling testing her wings for the first time. Yet she was an adult. He quietly watched in amusement as she shifted her feathered appendages. Then suddenly she snapped them out in a flurry of motion, overbalancing herself in an instant. He could not help the chuckle that rumble in his lungs as he fell the last few feet. He lighted upon the ground as skillfully as a swan.

"Are you alright?" He asked, head cocked to one side. "That was quite a tumble! Did you hurt your wing?" he motioned to the one she had crushed beneath her. Though capable of carrying a horse through the heavens, wings were fragile. He was worried that she may have hurt one in her fall. If so he was more than capable of helping to heal it. Though she looked more flustered than in pain. "Is this your first time trying to fly?" He made no move to close the gap between them, yet. Ever polite and conscious of personal space and people's potential fear of him. He was a roving pin cushion with fangs, after all. Add his armor and cloak and he could cut a rather intimidating figure. Though his eyes did not hold the light of a killer.

"Talk."

cursed to hold a weight you can't bear and still standing
not because you can — but because you have to

img

@Ahlora
You have my permission to use magic/force against Roscorro.
Maiming and killing is not allowed, though. 
Ahlora
@Roscorro

The flustered mare tried hard to hide her embarrassment as a stallion glided down from the sky, fighting to control her muscles and limbs once more as she rose shakily to her feet. She was much more gentle with her movement now, slowly unfurling her wings and flapping it with care. It was a little uncomfortable and strained, her feathers coated in sand, but it wasn't in any pain. Ahlora assumed the sand had cushioned it enough to keep from retaining any serious damage from her crushing weight, nodding to the stranger keeping his distance. It was new to her, not getting greeted up close.

"I seem to be fine... I think." Ahlora looked the stallion over carefully before answering his next question, confused by both his odd appearance and mastery of flight. Not that she'd tell him, but like most other males she'd come across, his appearance certainly wasn't hard on the eyes. "Also, yes. I used to... Well, I got dragged here somehow and tossed into... this, not that it seems uncommon around here or anything... Wings are just so new to me." Ahlora admitted with a shy glace, shifting as she looked hopefully towards the graceful newcomer. It was another weird thing for her, admitting weakness. A thing like that could have cost her so much back in her wolf days.

Despite having brought up the courage to tell of her weak point, Ahlora did not ask for help. That was a little too far for her right now, and a wave of disgust clouded her thoughts as she even considered it. She'd been raised independent after all, a tough habit to think past. Still, she knew, she would need help at some point if she was to figure this thing out.

OOC:
Ahlora
Using magic/force or attacking Ahlora is fine. Giving her a scar or two is alright.
Roscorro the Dragon Heart
Currently championing: Caevoc
ROSCORRO
you and atlas are one and the same, my dear

"That is good." He smiled. "Wings are fragile things, I was concerned." When he was certain that she would not flee, or attack, he drew closer. Listening to her words with polite attentiveness. He would have found her statement curious, had he not already met Ryder and Arro. Thanks to them he connected the dots fairly easily. "You were not a horse, before coming here?" He asked, his head cocking? "I have met a couple others that were changed from their original form by the powers of this world." He maneuvered himself to stand parallel with her. The true height of his massive form far more apparent. There was only one horse he had ever met that exceed his height. Ahlora was not that horse, but he didn't look down on her for this. Well, he did have to physically look down, but that isn't the point.

"If you don't mind me asking, what were you before?" It was fascinating to learn of another person that had been changed. It certainly explained why she did not know how to use her wings. He wondered how it would feel, being changed into something else. How bizarre and terrifying would that be? Poor thing. Would the rift allow her to change back if she asked for it within a trial? He wondered.... "If you'd like, I could teach you how to fly?" He offered.

"Talk."

cursed to hold a weight you can't bear and still standing
not because you can — but because you have to

img

@Ahlora

oc: I am sorry this is so short!
You have my permission to use magic/force against Roscorro.
Maiming and killing is not allowed, though. 
Ahlora

It was strange, hearing of others who had also been different creatures before entering this land. It made her feel a little less alone as she watched the stallion draw near, his own odd form intriguing her to no end. Ahlora had recoiled slightly when the male had asked a question, and hesitated before she answered.

Her words were chosen carefully, spoken with uncertainty. "I was a predator, and quite a proud one before... A wolf, to be exact. It's weird to have become my own prey." It felt great to speak about it. Her old life, her old form. She hoped the knowledge would help the equine near her to understand when she made an interesting motion that would have been common use back then.

When the offer was given to her, Ahlora let herself relax again, unaware that her wings had tucked tightly against her back when the previous topic had been mentioned. Ahlora nodded rather sheepishly, offering a gentle yes, please in return for the stranger's kindness. Unsure how she should start, she waiting for instruction, hoping the tall stallion wouldn't mind what she used to be.

Surprisingly enough, she was more worried about his mind than his size in the moment. She wasn't calculating what she'd have to do to beat him in a fight, but rather how different situations could play out if he had felt anger towards her. For all she knew, wolves like her could have taken one of his own family! Despite these thoughts clouding her mind, she kept herself still and relaxed, ready to be taught.

Then, another, more important question jumped forward. Just what kind of power rules this place, if it can change someone's form? She decided to ask it later, in case the offer she had been given would be withdrawn if she asked too many things.

OOC: @Roscorro Its all good <3
Ahlora