This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
I'm Sorry I Squished Your Bird
Trial Halyven 
K'yarie the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
K'yarie
"Little bird, please don't die." K'yarie pleaded as she gently nudged the vulture. Her eyes full of concern. She hadn't meant to do this. Hadn't meant to hurt the familiar birdie. She hadn't even known he was there until he had cried out. Now it was too late. He was probably dead.

She had been moving through one of the more ram shackled sections of the city. Skirting the herd's territory. She couldn't face them yet. Not after rushing out of their meeting. But she was not willing to let a chance at gaining their good will go. She hated the idea of cozying up to them, but they needed support out in the wilds. She wanted to know she had a safe place to go should she need it. Should Val need it. The girl was so arrogant, naïve, and reckless. It was only a matter of time before she ended up getting seriously hurt. She wanted to know that she could rely on other to help them if needed. But she wasn't yet willing to beat down her pride and grovel. Would they even let her come after deserting them so? The wounds may still be too fresh.

So she moved through the cramped streets, weaving among the crumbling buildings. That was when movement caught her eye. It was a flash of color in a near by house. The door was sagging on its hinges, or what was left of it. Curious she had moved to investigate. The instant her nose had touched the heavy, rotting wood, it had fallen. The strangled cry of Khairi filled the air and her heart leapt in her throat. She was immediately shifting the door to see what she had crushed. Had it been some form of vermin? No, it was the familiar form of the vulture that accompanied the fiery mare. Kiada, she believed that was her name.

She was instantly on her knees, nudging the vulture, begging it to still be alive. The poor thing must have been hunting or exploring, she did not know. Now he was unconscious and she was pretty sure bones were broken. Birds were so fragile. "Please little bird." She cooed, her voice dripping with worry. "Open your eyes." She looked around, her motions though urgent, were precise and unhurried. She could not afford to panic and miss something. Spotting some rotting fabric she raced towards it. Ripping it free of debris she bought it over and lay it beside Khairi. Ever so gently she nudged him onto the cloth before lifting it between her teeth. She had to hurry and get him to a healer. Surely the Kingdom of Halyven had one!

Doing her best not to jostle her cargo, she left the building and moved swiftly down the street. It would seem she would be eating her pride sooner than she had thought. As well as begging for forgiveness. She couldn't have this ruin her relationship with the herd. Couldn't afford to have Kiada hate her. Couldn't let the innocent bird die. For all the thing K'yarie was, she was not a murderer. She would not needlessly take a life. Even though this was an accident, she felt responsible. What if it was her companion? She didn't have one, but the thought spurred her on. She knew somewhat of the bond a horse and their companion shared, which lead to her urgency in finding him help.

talk talk talk talk
Fear not this Night.
You will not go Astray
Though shadoes fall, still the Stars find their way
image credit to Achiha-Azteca.

@Kiada

ooc: Sky gave me permission to power play Khairi. Poor thing. K'yarie's trial was the seriously injure a companion.
Explorer Kiada
Currently championing: Vjanta
He had been exploring, for the herd was new and there were so many places to check out before he was comfortable with letting Kiada go into the crumbling buildings – and so he surveyed, sneaking into different buildings with his small self and making sure they could handle someone her side coming through, or if they were completely destroyed. What he hadn’t counted on, though, was a door falling on him. He couldn’t help the loud squawk that escaped his dark beak as he felt his bones warp and move. But suddenly there was light – he couldn’t tell, his eyes were closed, but he could sense the lightness on the other side and the pressure being lifted off him.

Kia?!?!” He whined through their bond, unable to say anything more. His mind was too wrapped around the fact that he was in such excruciating pain. There was a soothing voice from the other side of the door. “Please little bird. Open your eyes.” And he tried, he honestly tried to see who it was that was helping him, but he was so tired and in so much pain it felt as though it would take a lifetime to crack an eyelid open. He felt himself move, not on his own. His savior (unknown to him that she had been the cause of the problem) moved him onto a makeshift gurney and began to seek help. He was thankful, for the stranger with the kind voice, the one that would keep him tethered for as long as he could.

Meanwhile, Kiada had simply been exploring on her own in the grounds of the herd before she felt like something was horrifically wrong. There was such silence on the other side of her bond with Khairi, a darkness that seemed to cover everything in the most terrifying way. Companions were bonded through the soul, and she felt as though a fraction of it had cracked, as if it were lost beneath that blanket of silence. But there was a small amount of that bond still left, one where a pained Kia broke through, and the painted Harpy found herself running like a fiend toward the direction she thought he had been.

Adrenaline had made her feel faster than light, as though her bulky draft body didn’t slow her down as she galloped down the streets, leaving dust and rubble in her wake. Her muscles whined with the exertion but she didn’t stop, not until she beheld K’yarie heading toward her. Immediately she stopped, her hooves sliding against the stone pathways creating a terrible shrieking noise as she came to a stop and her inky ears swiveled forward in concern, seeing the little white feathers poking out from the cloth. “What happened?” She breathed, rushing toward K’yarie as her heart began to thud against her chest, as dread began to settle from within her gut. “I can still feel him, he’s still there, but something is very wrong.” She explained to K’yarie. Yes, despite the dark blanket surrounding their bond, she could feel him still there – a small tether holding on for dear life.

"Talk."
i think you will set yourself afire,
before you realize that even you cannot conquer the sun.

RIP KHAIRI <3 omg kiada's losing her mind xD @K'yarie <3

TROY FALLS A THOUSAND TIMES,
IN EVERY DREAM I DREAM.
(LIKE ASHES, LIKE ASHES,
LIKE A STAR BURNING OUT.)
K'yarie the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
K'yarie
Suddenly Kiada was before her. K'yarie's heart fluttered like a trapped bird and she instantly tapped into her shadow magic. The mare would be furious with her. If the other attacked she would flee into the shadows. She would not fight the mare of fire. It was not a test of strengths she cared to take part in. "I'm sorry." She mumbled around the fabric. "There was a door, I touched it and it fell. He was behind it."

She was not going to lie. She could say the wind took down the door, anything. But this sort of relationship had to be built of trust and truth. If they had any future relationship now that she had killed Kiada's bird. It would seem she had gone from potential herd mate, to enemy number one in a matter of seconds. How could they forgive her for this? How could she secure a safe haven for her and Val after this? Then Kiada spoke, and her heart did another flip. He was still alive! "Healers! Do you have healers in your herd?" She asked hurriedly, moving towards the location of the kingdom. She was all to familiar with the borders of the herd, having made sure to avoid them.

She danced around Kiada, careful to keep the cloth as still as she could. She was fairly confident that the mare wouldn't attack her while she held Khairi. But she still held her magic close, just in case she had misjudged her. With any luck the need to help the bird would outweigh the outburst of fury that would surely come. Anything to delay that. Maybe with enough time, and her effort to save the life she had nearly taken, she could save her plan. At the very least she wouldn't have the guilt of this bird's life on her conscience. How silly she would worry over such a insignificate creature. But K'yarie was a fickle thing with an odd sense of morality. It would make one dizzy trying to made heads or tails of the inner workings of her being.

talk talk talk talk
Fear not this Night.
You will not go Astray

@Kiada
Explorer Kiada
Her heart thundered in her chest as she looked at K’yarie with such terror and despair. “I’m sorry.” She spoke, mumbling around the fabricated gurney that a broken Khairi laid within. The dark, starry mare spoke of a door and it falling onto him. Immediately, the darkened part of Kiada wanted to lash out, to punish her for what she had done, but the gentler part of Kiada eventually won out from the roaring in her ears. When she was finally calm enough, she inhaled deeply and let her icy eyes survey K’yarie with a short, curt nod. “It wasn’t your fault. You couldn’t have known.” She offered the other mare, though it was more to herself than K’yarie at that point.

But she allowed the mare to dance around her, to move and see about healers. “I… I don’t know yet. I learned a thing or two before coming here. I – I can take a look at him?” She offered her, just wishing to see her broken friend, her part of her soul that was clinging so carefully onto life. Worry etched her dark features, replacing the anger before at K’yarie and her carelessness. The Harpy just wanted to see him, to survey the damage, and while she had no magic to help (it was only there to destroy) she watched on in worry, before a thought crossed her mind. Blindly, she stumbled away. “Lay him down somewhere, I’ll try to find someone.” And as though she were a foal standing for the first time, she made herself find the avenues away from where K’yarie was.

Healer!!! I need a healer!” She screamed to the avenues, the skies, anyone and anything that was listening for her pleas of help. She felt Khairi deep within her, and she clung to it – he was all she had, all that had experienced everything with her. And she knew that if she lost him she’d be lost without him in ways she didn’t think she’d be able to recover from. There was something about losing part of your soul in your family, but another to a creature that physically did hold part of her soul. And so she continued down the alleys, screaming until her throat burned and she tasted ash on her tongue, and her voice was hoarse in the hopes someone could hear her.

"Talk."

@Zahra @K'yarie

IN EVERY DREAM I DREAM.
(LIKE ASHES, LIKE ASHES,
Zahra
Currently championing:
Zahra & Ilham
It was pride that turned angels into devils

The curse which the Rift had placed upon Eleos was possibly the cruellest she could think of.

Zahra could still recall the devastating moment it vanished, his glorious, swan-like wing, as though it had never actually existed before - that was, except for the dim shadow which echoed his twin. In unison, they’d been flying when the strangest haunting (she knew it to be now), caught her eye. Furious phantoms had slithered forward through the air, and by some ill twist of fate, in the blurred moments that’d past, the lithe appendage had gone missing and the stallion had begun to plunge.

The memory still stirred a resonation of fearful shivers through her core.

For many months the painted pegasus had travelled by way of hoof alongside him, traipsing through this world’s freakish wilderness with neither clue or view where they’d been heading. Perhaps, in a way, their time spent grounded, had been a positive experience, for as the time went on, Zahra had been able to open up about the hurts which had tormented her long after his death. The anger pent up within her and the resentments yet clung to, had started to ease until at last, her soul had shed itself of that history.

Eleos, however, had become less and less like the father she’d known as a babe, instead moody and mordacious; though at times that familiar warmth did leak through his smile. The daughter of the Gallant and the Starry-Eyed embraced those scarce moments, for they filled her hope and motivation, to carry him further into this unexpected new future, together.

The night was cold, whistling wind gnawing at the warm skin beneath her thoroughly saturated coat, but the rain fell only as light sleet and it was for that reason this time was chosen. The rush of air beneath her glossy feathers felt wonderfully exhilarating and her heart sang a jubilant song for the vast, open sky she covered at speed; recklessly so, for there were no trees or holes, or hunters to fell either mood or stride. There was no telling the time, clouds blocked the sallow moon, but in moment the liberated bird hardly cared.

On and on towards the east she hurtled, calling upon the light of her shaffron occasionally to brighten the way.

Only as the glow of the new day soften the gloom of the atmosphere, did Zahra turn back towards the west. She had only left the side of her friend once like this before, and though she knew deep down he understood her longing for freedom through flight, she felt also that pain of his loss; that he was broken and could not join her. It was a sickening burden for them both. The rain began to fall harder which forced the weaver lower, and as she passed between the region of spires after the flats, a scream from below touched her ears - one that caused her heart’s rhythm to stall.

Healer?

The ache in that voice, the fear and desperation bore a weight she couldn’t have ignored. Immediately the lean mare drew her wingspan in and descended so rapidly that her eyes very briefly failed to see. She was, however, well skilled in her art and brandished them again, at just the perfect moment. Before the stranger, her sprinting stride eased to a halt and the look of concern only strengthened when she beheld the state of her summoner’s emotion. “I will heal for you,” she assured firmly, bowing her crest for the sake of civility, but the gesture was brief as she pursued her given task.
K'yarie the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
K'yarie
There was a moment of silence between them, as Kiada got herself under control. In that moment the dark mare tapped into her magical powers. She was readying to dive into the darkness to escape the other's wrath. But the kinder side of the war-maiden won out. She spoke, excusing her. K'yarie was too wound up to feel relieved. Too distrusting of words from one she knew so little. But Kiada was quick to move from thoughts of punishment to helping her bird.

When she requested to see him, K'yarie complied. The other mare was quick to issue more orders. Who was she to refuse them? So, as Kiada rushed off to find help. K'yarie took up position beneath an older stone porch. She was as gentle as she could be as she lay him on the ground. The ends of the rotting fabric falling from her lips to reveal his limp form. She stared at Khairi's pathetic form, barely daring to breath. His breath was so shallow and she was certain that it would stop with each fall. But it rose again, and again. She could hear Kiada's voice echoing off the walls as she called for a healer.

Standing protectively over the Khairi, she waited. Her eyes continued to move from bird to street, ever watchful of danger. She hoped Kiada would return soon. The quicker the bird was healed the quicker she could slip away and forget this mess. Lowering her nose, her breath ruffling his feathers, she spoke. "Kiada is fetching a healer now. It will be alright. Just hold on, little bird." He probably couldn't hear her. But it was all she could do at the moment. Talk and talk. She would keep on whispering words of encouragement to him in hopes that it would provide something for him to hold onto. A life line.

talk talk talk talk
Fear not this Night.
You will not go Astray

@Kiada
Explorer Kiada
K’yarie was quick to allow Kiada a view of Khairi from within the fabric, her heart pounding and plummeting with what she might see. At least, Kiada thought, it wasn’t as bad as she thought it was. There wasn’t gore, no torn ligaments or bones jutting out of him at odd angles. But something was definitely wrong internally. She breathed a few warm puffs onto him in the hopes it might relax him a bit before she set off, frantic and terrified her soul bonded was about to die because of a door. If he made it through this, she wasn’t going to let him live it down. If.

Suddenly, as her voice rang out, a dark shadow crossed the world above her. The figure landed a bit easily, despite rushed, and stepped toward Kiada, offering the healing services to her before pursuing on. Gratitude fluttered in Kiada’s chest alongside her rapid heartbeat as she moved to lead Zahra back to where she had left K’yarie and Khairi, hoping that perhaps the stranger had as much healing magic and items possible. The Harpy would do anything to keep Khairi alive. Anything.

As they neared, Kiada rushed toward the bird, glancing toward Zahra before lowering her inky head toward her companion. “He was hurt by a heavy stone door. I think most of it is internal.” She offered the information easily, praying to any and all gods that this stranger would be able to fix her bird. Meanwhile, Khairi remained breathing sluggishly slow, a small wheeze escaping his beak as it parted slightly, eyes closed and heartbeat low. Kiada glanced up to K'yarie, but with no malice. Instead, she only hoped that they both would do whatever it took to make sure the bird survived.

"Talk."

@Zahra @K'yarie my god I am the WORST I’m so sorry ;_;

IN EVERY DREAM I DREAM.
(LIKE ASHES, LIKE ASHES,
Zahra
Currently championing:
Zahra & Ilham
It was pride that turned angels into devils

Though silence ensued the rather grim explanation, a critical conversation was in motion through the link of her own beloved bond—

“He was crushed,” Zahra repeated quietly, uncertain how to see what damage had been inflicted. There was a twinging worry in the back of her mind that her art would not reach so far below the skin. Illham perceived this quickly.

We will bind his torso tightly. Start now, the spider soothed calmly, slipping from her sister with a thread pulled from the fabric bolt they together maintained. Though alone she could not work with the haste required to compress the squashed avian, Zahra’s ability to weave magically quickly had a firm brace fastened about his core. The mare then slid back a step to view the task before her, at least, the outside; this time she would work alone.

Sleek black skin wrinkled as she swerved her neck backwards, searching with careful lips for the folded spear and its razor end. Smartly she kept it sheathed within folds of thick silk, though it was now pulled away quickly and dropped to the ground. Zahra grimaced quietly as she forced her tender mouth down against the blade, but this time her leg would not do—she needed control, precision.

Fresh golden blood dribbled down her chin and the metallic taste of that which seeped to wash her tongue gave her an ill feeling in the gut. Nevertheless, she moved forward again to seek the bird’s mouth; in fact, any orifice upon him which might drink the healing substance she offered. A look of reassurance (though her confidence still was weak), drifted towards the mare who had called for help, and also the one who still stood by.

“It is my blood that heals,” she offered for clarity, wondering if perhaps they would better understand the process and step to assist in some way—she wasn’t really sure how. His feathers, as Zahra’s wounded muzzle, hovered above him were quickly soaked in colour and her aim grew more proficient, at last finding the crevice of his lower mandible to fill. “It will need to be ingested…”

@K'yarie @Kiada
K'yarie the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
K'yarie
Kiada returned with a mare in tow. The goddess stepped back. Giving the two room to do what they had to. She was no needed here. She was but an observer. Should the bird not survive: a murderer. She had no desire to be near the fiery maiden should this happen. She remained. Hopeful that the little bird would live. If it did than surely she may be able to mend the gap she had accidently formed between her and a member of the only herd within the Rift.

The maiden of light and shadow hovered near by. Had this mare's blood worked? Had the magic managed to repair that which was broken? The shadows licked at her heels. Beckoning her to run. To escape before it was too late. But she refused. She had to know. Did the vulture live? Or should she make a point to avoid this area for fear of retribution?
talk talk talk talk
Fear not this Night.
You will not go Astray

@Kiada
Explorer Kiada
Kiada was quiet as Zahra began her work, though she hovered like a nervous mother, hopeful that her companion would survive and she wouldn’t have to live without him. She had found the vulture when she was barely a few months old – what would life be without him? Could she manage? Would she ever be able to function the same? The thoughts continued to make her more worried, and the silence from Khairi’s side of the bond only extended that fear. Still, Kiada watched with tear streaked eyes that the mare might be able to help.

Her eyes grew wide as Zahra pulled a blade out, uncertain if she planned on just putting the bird out of his misery, but before she could act, Zahra had cut herself with it. Gold blood dripped down her mouth as she headed toward Khairi’s beak. “Open your beak, please.” She pleaded with her bird, uncertain if he could hear her or not as Zahra looked with reassurance to Kiada. A few seconds later, Khairi’s dark beak cracked open a smidge, just enough to be able to fill it with the blood. Kiada nodded, understanding now why the mare needed to cut herself to help her companion. Still, she watched wide eyed and fearful of her friend.

She took a quick glance toward K’yarie, hoping that it would express the idea that she wouldn’t begrudge the mare for an accident, despite what events occurred. It would take awhile if Khairi didn’t survive for her to want anything to do with the starry mare, but she knew that deep down she couldn’t blame the mare for the crumbling infrastructure of Halyven and Khairi’s placement. She only hoped it would work.

"Talk."

@Zahra @K'yarie SO SORRY ;_; also i shouldve said this earlier but feel free to PP Khairi however you'd like! <3

IN EVERY DREAM I DREAM.
(LIKE ASHES, LIKE ASHES,