the Rift
Siren's Summit Avalanche - Printable Version

+- the Rift (http://riftrpg.net)
+-- Forum: Archives (http://riftrpg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: Year 1173 (http://riftrpg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+---- Forum: Incompleted (http://riftrpg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Thread: Siren's Summit Avalanche (/showthread.php?tid=526)

Avalanche - Akumi - 08-05-2017

Freedom

Akumi's nostrils flared wide, breathing in the humid moist air. Few drops of rain stung her body as she ran through pine trees of all sizes. Just like everywhere else in the Rift, strange things glowed their bright and unnatural colors. Low-hanging branches weighed down with water brushed against her dark sides and drenched her coat.

She hadn't known why but ever since the shadows had revealed this place to her, she felt a compelling urge to run and meet it head-on.

Soon the thick pines began to fade away until there was only a lake before her. This was it! She had finally reached the center of this new place. Akumi walked carefully, weary of what might be in the water of this pond. A large, seemingly dormant, volcano stood perfectly in view of the lake. A red glow caught her eye. It came from the lightning-like markings upon her back. Someone is coming.

@Astarot (OOC: I love your character! Hope they work out!)

RE: Avalanche - Astarot - 08-11-2017

In her mind she fantasize about gettin with me
The pair made their way West searching for somewhere new. There had to be somewhere better than the places they had seen so far. Zafir sighed heavily as she laid heavily across her bonded's back. 'I know, we'll try and find something to make you feel better soon.' He sighed softly trying to keep his hopes up for her. The blue dragon had been sick ever since they had crossed through the portal and he kept hoping that it would fade on it's own. Now it seemed like he would have to find something to help her get over it himself.

Scarlet and sapphire eyes cast around desperate to find something to help his dear dragoness. He froze mid-step as the scent of a mare wafted towards him. He wondered if maybe she was a native to this land. He knew that some natives from the Rift had crossed over when the lands had been brought to Helovia, so maybe there were some here. Zafir snorted softly dragging her slender body up into a proud sitting position.

They broke form the trees eyes sweeping over the beautiful landscape quickly. An old towering volcano over looked a beautiful lake surrounded by pine trees. A midnight and crimson mare stood gazing at a glowing marking on her back. She was beautiful, slim with curved inward pointing ears. A warm smile slide over his skull marked face and he cleared his throat. Zafir eyed the lady with her intense scarlet eyes. "Hello Miss, I'm Astarot." He stepped towards her,making sure to leave a polite gap between them. Dual colored eyes turned to look out at the lake wondering what sort of horrors might be hidden in the lake's depths. If he had learned on thing about this world it was to never let your guard down. "Do you know what this place is called?"

-----------------------------------
Speaking
Words;; 312 @Akumi
Girl I'm the king so that means I'm fly
Astarot

RE: Avalanche - Akumi - 08-13-2017

Akumi was listening, waiting, she heard ruffles through the trees and the sounds of twigs pushed to the side. She was able to identify 4 repetitive thumps on the ground. It gave her some relief knowing it had not been something coming to eat her. Just then the water stirred and ripples raced through the lake. Akumi gave the water a scolding look before turning around to greet who had now joined her company.

A surprisingly handsome stallion stood before her. Bright eyes and new markings she'd never seen on anyone before. A skull-like face and bone-like stripes adorned his creamy butter coat. It wasn't just his striking features that caught her attention but rather the scarlet eyes that were studying her behind him. In the afternoon's setting sun, the creature's true color was hard to see. But what wasn't hard to see was that it needed help and soon.

"My name is Akumi, nice to meet you Astarot. I don't exactly know what this place is, I only arrived a few moments ago. That water doesn't look too friendly though." She gave the lake another harsh look as if it would threaten the water to stay in its place. "Whom may you have on your back? He doesn't look that well, I used to be a nurse in the World's Edge." She tilted her head inquiringly but in a friendly notion. Akumi hoped that he wouldn't think of her as any threat, she's always loved helping others. She opened her nostrils to take in the scent of the creature upon Astarot's back. Dragon She identified, but the illness was not a familiar scent to her.

@Astarot

RE: Avalanche - Astarot - 08-18-2017

In her mind she fantasize about gettin with me
He watched the lady look him over and his muscles responded of their own accord bulging out. Zafir slowly drug her claw over her bonded's back snapping out of the rush of testosterone. Being a stallion could be such a bitch. He blinked forcing his eyelids to squeeze shut and clear his mind. Zafir kept her eyes on the lady impressed that she wasn't squirming under her gaze. Most would have crumpled under her scrutiny yet this mare didn't even flinch. 'Sad she has horn.' He knew what she meant, that a dragon would have gladly tied itself to her.

His ears pricked slightly at her words his head tilting slightly. He turned his eyes towards the water curiously, maybe there was something hiding in it's depths. "It's a pleasure to meet you Miss Akumi." He turned to glance back at Zafir, their eyes meeting for a moment. "This is my companion, Zafir. She has been sick ever since we crossed through the portal." She spoke of the World's Edge and being a nurse. A warm smile fell onto his handsome face, "I was a Sun Physician in the Dragon's Throat. I've been trying to find some of the herbs we used in Helovia, but everything is different here."

A soft sigh ruffled from his muzzle as he stepped closer to the mare. His eyes flicked to her once more causing his heart to hammer. The setting sun set her mane and tail to gorgeous rippling fire. His smile never faltered as he watched her for a moment. "Have you found any kind of healing herbs?" Hope flickered for a moment before he shoved it away. He doubted anyone besides a native would know about the neon plants in the Rift. He turned to gaze out at the water a soft breeze lifting his long creamy locks. "We'll find something to help her, she is a young and strong dragoness." His smile grew slightly as Zafir puffed out her chest still eyeing the lady thoughtfully. 'She different.' He nodded slightly his eyes roaming down into the water at his hooves.

-----------------------------------
Speaking
Words;; 350
Girl I'm the king so that means I'm fly
Astarot

RE: Avalanche - Akumi - 08-18-2017

The neon lights that raced across her back slowly began to dim. She felt like she was safe around this man and that they were no longer strangers. 'Hold on a minute did he just say dragoness?? It"s a girl and I just said he?!' Akumi pushed her ears back and met again with the scarlet eyes. "I'm so sorry, I did not mean to call you 'he' just a moment ago.." her cheeks became real hot. "Please forgive me my lady." She lightly dipped her head, first to the dragon she possibly offended and second to the new stallion she just met. 'A physician huh?' That meant he know a little about what he was doing already and her help wouldn't really come to much use considering neither of them know the plants here.

"I'm not en-" The water splashed, it was listening. "Um as I was saying, I'm not entirely sure of the plants around here. I haven't tried any either. I figured just like there were poisonous plants in Helovia that every place must have a collection of their own. I most certainly dont want to be the one to find it." Akumi laughed nervously. He was big and tall. Creamy colors that made her heart begin to beat a little harder. She eyed him around one last time hoping he wouldn't notice her doing so. "We could go try to find a native who might know?" she offered shyly. She didn't know many other natives but something made her afraid of meeting one because they've never particularly liked us (ex) helovians.
"Hell, maybe we could just ask the water!" she joked, but as soon as she did, it splashed oncemore and she bolted straight for Astarot's side. She was mere centimeters from grazing her dark coat against his milky tan.

@Astarot

RE: Avalanche - Rift Havoc - 08-19-2017

(Female Siren)

I had been listening. Here since the very moment the dark horse peered into the water.
Someone is sick, hurt, injured. Whatever the case, it seems like there is no time to lose.
I made my splashes, letting my presence be known before I were to appear. It is rude to listen and no one knows it. My tail makes one more splash and the dark horse makes a run for the others side. She sounded female while the other, not so much. Their coats were almost as different as night and day. They needed a native to help them cure another female. I never heard anyone else but I must believe what they say is true. I slowly rise from the water, joined by shocked faces and fearful eyes. "I'm not exactly attractive, but at least im not singing a song to make you think I am." I joked. No laughter came from the pair. Just stunned faces. And then thats when I saw the pair of red eyes glowing on the back of the male. He appeared very protective of her, almost as if she was a child of his although there was no way that could be the case.
I had laid eggs last season and used my flower to coat and protect them. But the worry on their faces told me they might've needed it more. "Try my fugaxia? I use it every season to coat my eggs. It should grow back in time for me to use it when I'm ready." The dark mare gave me almost a guilty look. "No no don't feel bad. I don't mind. I know what its like trying to take care of a little someone who is important to you." I raised my webbed hand to gesture to the small creature on the male's back.
Then I sang, and slowly my flower opened.
The dark mare shyly harvested the center of my beautiful flower. I began to have second thoughts and could've stopped singing at any moment to close it back up again. But I pushed those thoughts out of my head. They needed this.
I dismissed myself and wished the two good-luck but not before leaving a warning. "We need these flowers for our eggs to survive and be nurtured before they hatch. These are important to us and our survival. Remember the kindness I have shown you and have the same mercy on our flowers. Don't expect me to do this frequently for you. And most importantly, do not expect the same friendliness and generosity from another siren. There are some of us that are dangerous and out for blood. Be weary of the waters you tread here." I waved them goodbye and smiled as I leaped toward the night sky and landed back into the dark waters from which I came.

@Astarot @Akumi

OOC: This is just an add-on to our thread. I thought this would be really neat to add in. It's your turn to reply when your ready! ~Røse (Akumi)